Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Tom[_14_] Tom[_14_] is offline

Default Denon AVR 3801 needsa on board battery replaced

Denon AVR 3801 needsa on board battery replaced. I got my Denon AVR 3801
out of storage after five years and the batterey is dead. Today I called
Denon tech support and was told I was number sixteen caller in line for tech
support then I googled denon 3801 battery replacment but didn't get any
useful hits. How do i replace trhe battery and which battery do I install,
incase their is a generic no name battery in the unit?

Thanks,

Mike

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech

On Apr 21, 6:42*pm, "Tom" wrote:
Denon AVR 3801 needsa on board battery replaced. *I got my Denon AVR 3801
out of storage after five years and the batterey is dead. *Today I called
Denon tech support and was told I was number sixteen caller in line for tech
support then I googled denon 3801 battery replacment but didn't get any
useful hits. *How do i replace trhe battery and which battery do I install,
incase their is a generic no name battery in the unit?

Thanks,

Mike

This is a more appropriate question for rec.audio.tech. I took the
liberty of crossposting it there, as I don't know if you monitor that
group. Perhaps somebody there will be able to answer your question.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech
Tom[_14_] Tom[_14_] is offline

"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote in message
On Apr 21, 6:42 pm, "Tom" wrote:
Denon AVR 3801 needsa on board battery replaced. I got my Denon AVR 3801
out of storage after five years and the batterey is dead. Today I called
Denon tech support and was told I was number sixteen caller in line for
tech
support then I googled denon 3801 battery replacment but didn't get any
useful hits. How do i replace trhe battery and which battery do I install,
incase their is a generic no name battery in the unit?

Thanks,

Mike

This is a more appropriate question for rec.audio.tech. I took the
liberty of crossposting it there, as I don't know if you monitor that
group. Perhaps somebody there will be able to answer your question.

Much thanks, I don't monitor that group but will now.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech
Mark D. Zacharias[_2_] Mark D. Zacharias[_2_] is offline

On Apr 21, 6:42 pm, "Tom" wrote:
Denon AVR 3801 needsa on board battery replaced. I got my Denon AVR 3801
out of storage after five years and the batterey is dead. Today I called
Denon tech support and was told I was number sixteen caller in line for
tech
support then I googled denon 3801 battery replacment but didn't get any
useful hits. How do i replace trhe battery and which battery do I
install,
incase their is a generic no name battery in the unit?

Thanks,

Mike

This is a more appropriate question for rec.audio.tech. I took the
liberty of crossposting it there, as I don't know if you monitor that
group. Perhaps somebody there will be able to answer your question.

Much thanks, I don't monitor that group but will now.

I'm pretty sure the 3801 does not use a battery - more likely a backup
capacitor.

Mark Z.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech
Tom[_14_] Tom[_14_] is offline

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message
. ..

On Apr 21, 6:42 pm, "Tom" wrote:
[...]

You're correct I got through to Denon today.. Is there a simple test to
check the capacitor?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech
Trevor Wilson[_2_] Trevor Wilson[_2_] is offline

On Apr 21, 6:42 pm, "Tom" wrote:
[...]

**Replace it. They cost peanuts.

Trevor Wilson

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech
Tom[_14_] Tom[_14_] is offline

"Trevor Wilson" wrote in message

You're correct I got through to Denon today.. Is there a simple test to
check the capacitor?

**Replace it. They cost peanuts.

Trevor Wilson

I might not have to because I realized the receiver needs to be connected to
a TV for setup. After turning it on for the first time while fumbling with
the buttons on the remote I pressed the "setup" button, so the unit might be
in setup mode.
I'll connect it to a tV and see what happens.

Mike

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech

On Apr 21, 6:42 pm, "Tom" wrote:
[...]

A quick check is just to measure the voltage on the capacitor after the unit
is unplugged - if the voltage holds at near say, 4 volts for a period of
time, then the cap is "probably" OK. This does not guarantee that the cap
doesn't have some more subtle problem, like going down after a couple hours
or days when it should hold up longer, but that is somewhat unlikely, and as
another poster said, the cap is fairly cheap. One might just want to replace
it for good measure.

Mark Z.