Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default Not just a disagreement with the cloud-cuckoo-land audiophiles like the Middiot

http://theaudiocritic.com/blog/index...Id=41&blogId=1

"In the September 2007 issue of the Journal of the Audio Engineering Society
(Volume 55, Number 9), two veteran audio journalists who aren't professional
engineers, E. Brad Meyer and David R. Moran, present a breakthrough paper
that contradicts all previous inputs by the engineering community. They
prove beyond a shadow of a doubt, with literally hundreds of double-blind
listening tests at matched levels, conducted over a period of more than a
year, that the two-channel analog output of a high-end SACD/DVD-A player
undergoes no audible change when passed through a 16-bit/44.1-kHz A/D/A
processor. That means there's no audible difference between the original CD
standard ("Red Book") and 24-bit/192-kHz PCM or 1-bit/2.8442-MHz DSD.

"Please note that this is not just a disagreement with the cloud-cuckoo-land
audiophiles but also with the highest engineering authorities, such as the
formidable J. Robert Stuart of England's Meridian Audio and others with
similar credentials. That the Meyer-Moran tests leave no room for continued
disagreements is an occasion for the most delicious Schadenfreude on the
part of electronic soundalike advocates like yours truly. I stated my
suspicions that SACD was no improvement over CD seven years ago, in my
review of the first Sony SACD player, the SCD-1, in Issue No. 26 of The
Audio Critic (downloadable from this website). I could hear no difference
between the CD and SACD layers of the same disc when stopping the player and
switching over, instant toggling between the two layers being impossible.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Apr 18, 6:11*am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
http://theaudiocritic.com/blog/index...&articleId=41&....

[...]

I would suggest that these two should not buy one if it makes no
difference to them. ;-)
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 18 Apr, 19:55, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
[...]

difference to them. ;-)- Ascunde citatul -

Too late, eveidently they already bought one of each.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On 18 Apr, 07:11, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
[...]

Totally meaningless.
You don't even know how to listen.