Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default High End, Traditional Component Audio Get No Repect In The Marketplace

High End, Traditional Component Audio Get No Respect In The Marketplace

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2008/0421/078.html

"But the fact is, most people don't want high-end stereos anymore. Many
don't want any stereo at all. The entire market for traditional home audio
products--speakers, amps, receivers and so forth--will be about $1.7 billion
this year, according to the Consumer Electronics Association. In contrast,
speaker docks for portable MP3 players will generate more than $1 billion
all by themselves, and sales of MP3 players will top $5.6 billion."

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Apr 14, 5:40*pm, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
High End, Traditional Component Audio Get No Respect In The Marketplace

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2008/0421/078.html

"But the fact is, most people don't want high-end stereos anymore. Many
don't want any stereo at all. The entire market for traditional home audio
products--speakers, amps, receivers and so forth--will be about $1.7 billion
this year, according to the Consumer Electronics Association. In contrast,
speaker docks for portable MP3 players will generate more than $1 billion
all by themselves, and sales of MP3 players will top $5.6 billion."

And your point is what, GOIA? This is what I've said all along. People
choose products for reasons of their own. Portable MP3 docks are not
"high-fidelity". They are, however, portable. So portablility wins
over sound. Yay!

The market has spoken: MP3 is the best thing going. Everything else is
floobydust.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote in message

On Apr 14, 5:40 pm, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

High End, Traditional Component Audio Get No Respect In
The Marketplace

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2008/0421/078.html

"But the fact is, most people don't want high-end
stereos anymore. Many don't want any stereo at all. The
entire market for traditional home audio
products--speakers, amps, receivers and so forth--will
be about $1.7 billion this year, according to the
Consumer Electronics Association. In contrast, speaker
docks for portable MP3 players will generate more than
$1 billion all by themselves, and sales of MP3 players
will top $5.6 billion."

And your point is what, GOIA?

It takes a truely insane person to expect that every Usenet article is
supposed to make a point.

This is what I've said all along. People choose products for reasons of
their own.

A trivial truism, easily near the limit of your mental powers, ****R.

Portable MP3 docks are not "high-fidelity".

The better of them are arguably more so than say, the LP format.

They are, however, portable.

Shows how little you know, ****R. Many iPod docks are obviously designed to
not be portable - they run off of power line voltage, they are too large and
bulky to be portable, lack carrying handles, etc.

So portablility wins over sound. Yay!

What insanity!

The market has spoken: MP3 is the best thing going.

What happened to: "People choose products for reasons of their own."?

****R, you seem to have decided to contradict yourself within just this
short post. Are you crazy or what?

Everything else is floobydust.

Really ****R - did the voices in your head tell you that? Is that when you
are wearing your aluminum foil hat, or not?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
WindsorFox[_3_] WindsorFox[_3_] is offline

[...]

Why does there have to be a point? The point is discussion, if you
don't understand/dislike that idea, why are you here?

--

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional,
illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:
[...]

It's quite obvious why ****R is here - he's here to boost his wounded ego by
summarily putting down just about everybody he responds to. That's all this
hole needs - another Middiot! :-(

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Apr 14, 6:25*pm, "WindsorFoxSS" wrote:
[...]

Posts do not occur in a vacuum.

So let's discuss this. MP3 player sales are up. Regular stereo
equipment sales are not. Most people prefer portability over sound.

According to some (some who are insane, that is...) MP3 docking
stations sound better than LPs (did you note how some insane people
have to get digs in on a medium they do not like, when that medium was
never brought up? LOL!) (These same insane people, BTW, will wonder
for eternity why they've chased people off.)

Your turn. Let's discuss.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:
[...]

Don't be sad, GOIA, as what you've claimed isn't true at all.

The list of people that I've responded to and not "put down" is far,
far longer than the list of those that I have. Since your sanity
isn't, um, "up to par" you probably are not capable of processing
that, so I'll let this slip.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

wrote:
[...]

that, so I'll let this slip.- Ascunde citatul -

Keep applying this:
http://www.custompc.co.uk/blogs/gare...urd-polish.jpg
and eventually Arny will shine
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Clyde Slick said:

Keep applying this:
http://www.custompc.co.uk/blogs/gare...urd-polish.jpg
and eventually Arny will shine

You say "polish", and Arnii says "mayo". Let's call the whole thing off.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote in message

On Apr 14, 8:06 pm, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:
"WindsorFoxSS" wrote in
message

wrote:
[...]

Which part?

The part about you Mr. ****R putting people down is an observable fact.

The part about whether or not RAO is a hole, is an observable fact.

The part about RAO not needing another Middiot might be controversial.

The list of people that I've responded to and not "put
down" is far, far longer than the list of those that I
have.

Typical of your insane comparisons, ****R. I've had over 10 years to put
people down, and you've been posting here for just a year or two. Back in
the day, the activity level around here was easily 20 or 30 times what it is
now. You're catching up with me even though you have 20 or 30 less times
fewer targets. Furthermore, I don't put people down unless they make
personal attacks on me. You do it, regardless.

Since my sanity isn't, um, "up to par" I
am not capable of processing that, so I'll let
this slip.

See what I mean, ****R? It's virtually impossible for you to reply without
making some kind of personal attack.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Apr 15, 9:28*am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:

\

Typical of your insane comparisons, ****R. I've had over 10 years to put
people down,

Arny's been there, done that, and proud of it.
He wins the golden turdy. pants down.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Apr 15, 8:28 am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"

It's quite obvious why ****R is here - he's here to
boost his wounded ego by summarily putting down just
about everybody he responds to. That's all this hole
needs - another Middiot! :-(

Don't be sad, GOIA, as what you've claimed isn't true at all.

Which part?

The part about you Mr. ****R putting people down is an observable fact.

You've dropped the claim "most people". Thank you for agreeing with me
that your claim was false. ;-)

The part about whether or not RAO is a hole, is an observable fact.

Well, you are here, after all...

The part about RAO not needing another Middiot might be controversial.

Ah, the Evil One. Master George. How he does control you! LOL!

The list of people that I've responded to and not "put
down" is far, far longer than the list of those that I
have.

Typical of your insane comparisons, ****R.

That was, of course, in response to your claim. So if there is any
"insanity" to be had... LOL!

I've had over 10 years to put
people down, and you've been posting here for just a year or two. Back in
the day, the activity level around here was easily 20 or 30 times what it is
now. You're catching up with me even though you have 20 or 30 less times
fewer targets. Furthermore, I don't put people down unless they make
personal attacks on me. You do it, regardless.

Everybody makes a personal attack on you. That's part or your
insanity: imaginary personal attacks.

You attack people because they do agree with your views about audio.

Since my sanity isn't, um, "up to par" I
am not capable of processing that, so I'll let
this slip.

See what I mean, ****R? It's virtually impossible for me to post without
dreaming of a nice tasty snack of human turds.

Isn't that fun, GOIA?

GOIA, if somebody says "GOIA is wearing a blue suit" it is not a
personal attack.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 15 Apr, 18:52, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:

GOIA, if somebody says "GOIA is wearing a blue suit" it is not a
personal attack.

Not even if I mention the brown streaks on its seat?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Clyde Slick said:

GOIA, if somebody says "GOIA is wearing a blue suit" it is not a
personal attack.

Not even if I mention the brown streaks on its seat?

The Kroo uses his sleeve as a napkin. It's a long tradition in his
"family".

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:

GOIA, if somebody says "GOIA is wearing a blue suit" it is not a
personal attack.

Not even if I mention the brown streaks on its seat?

GOIA even perceives compliments as insults.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote in message

wrote:

GOIA, if somebody says "GOIA is wearing a blue suit" it
is not a personal attack.

Not even if I mention the brown streaks on its seat?

GOIA even perceives compliments as insults.

No, I perceive insults as the submissive acts of devotion that they really
are.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

The Krooborg's interior maelstrom peeks through the "polished" veener it
presents to the human world.

No, I perceive insults as the submissive acts of devotion that they really
are.

You can tell that Arnii's been assiduous about keeping his crazy fluid
topped up.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On 16 Apr, 08:25, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"

GOIA even perceives compliments as insults.

No, I perceive insults as the submissive acts of devotion that they really
are.

Such a strange God, you are. Does that ****head Jesus think the same
as you?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:

GOIA, if somebody says "GOIA is wearing a blue suit" it
is not a personal attack.

Not even if I mention the brown streaks on its seat?

GOIA even perceives compliments as insults.

No, I perceive insults as the submissive acts of devotion that they really
are.

Did you learn this in church, GOIA?

LOL!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Vinylanach Vinylanach is offline

On Apr 16, 6:42�am, George M. Middius
wrote:
The Krooborg's interior maelstrom peeks through the "polished" veener it
presents to the human world.

No, I perceive insults as the submissive acts of devotion that they really
are.

You can tell that Arnii's been assiduous about keeping his crazy fluid
topped up.

Agreed. I've got my DSM-IV out, and his response is a textbook
example of about a half-dozen serious personality disorders.

Boon

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Vinylanach" wrote in message

Agreed. I've got my DSM-IV out,

Hmm, perhaps Marc is trying to follow that old adage: "Know thyself". ;-)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default A milestone for the Krooborg!

Ding ding ding! We have an IKYABWAI winner!

The Krooborg's interior maelstrom peeks through the "polished" veener it
presents to the human world.

No, I perceive insults as the submissive acts of devotion that they really are.

You can tell that Arnii's been assiduous about keeping his crazy fluid
topped up.

Agreed. I've got my DSM-IV out, and his response is a textbook
example of about a half-dozen serious personality disorders.

Hmm, perhaps Marc is trying to follow that old adage: "Know thyself". ;-)

[streamers and flashing lights go off]

An historic post by the Krooborg. That is Arnii's 1,000,000th IKYABWAI.
Truly a great day in "debating trade" annals!

[bells ring and fireworks explode]

Turdy, your perseverance is remarkable. Nobody on RAO thought you'd make
100,000 IKYABWAIs, but you proved us all wrong. And now you've surpassed
every conceivable limitation on derivativeness, imitativeness, and
triteness by knocking out your one-millionth IKYABWAI. What stamina
you've shown! What rooty-tooty grittiness you carry!

As you know, the prize that commemorates your achievement is of the DIY
variety. You'll need to supply your own pumping truck and holding tank.
The ketchup and noseplugs are on us, though. Enjoy your bottomless
feast!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Apr 18, 12:45*pm, George M. Middius
wrote:
Ding ding ding! We have an IKYABWAI winner!

The Krooborg's interior maelstrom peeks through the "polished" veener it
presents to the human world.
No, I perceive insults as the submissive acts of devotion that they really are.
You can tell that Arnii's been assiduous about keeping his crazy fluid
topped up.
Agreed. *I've got my DSM-IV out, and his response is a textbook
example of about a half-dozen serious personality disorders.

Hmm, perhaps Marc is trying to follow that old adage: "Know thyself". ;-)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * [streamers and flashing lights go off]

An historic post by the Krooborg. That is Arnii's 1,000,000th IKYABWAI.
Truly a great day in "debating trade" annals!

There is some debate among the judges, George. Some of them have the
count at 999,782.

They voted and decided to allow the celebration as GOIA would surpass
1,000,000 within the next couple of days regardless.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 18 Apr, 19:52, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:

They voted and decided to allow the celebration as GOIA would surpass
1,000,000 within the next couple of days regardless.

I checked with Google, but it lied to me.