Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default The choice is clear

Bratzi's white nationalist cut and pastes, or cheap cell phones,
watches and sneakers.

I vote for the cheap imports.

Your vote?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
WindsorFox[_3_] WindsorFox[_3_] is offline

Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason! wrote:
Bratzi's white nationalist cut and pastes, or cheap cell phones,
watches and sneakers.

I vote for the cheap imports.

Your vote?

I don't have to choose, my server filters spam. I mean without
blocking the entirety of Google. Yet.

--

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional,
illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Soundhaspriority said:

What newsreader are you using? If it's OE, I can offer some help.

All you've offered is ways to dig oneself in deeper in a pit of dung.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Apr 13, 6:15*pm, "Soundhaspriority" wrote:
"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote in ...

Bratzi's white nationalist cut and pastes, or cheap cell phones,
watches and sneakers.

I vote for the cheap imports.

Your vote?

Shhhh,
* * *What newsreader are you using? If it's OE, I can offer some help.

It was actually a comment on the relative worth of the posts, intended
humorously.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Soundhaspriority said:

What newsreader are you using? If it's OE, I can offer some help.

All you've offered is ways to dig oneself in deeper in a pit of dung.

???

I'm referring to your post with the convoluted rigmarole method of
implementing Upchuck's ridiculously clunky killfile. If somebody asks
for help using Upchuck, the correct answer is "Get yourself a real
newsreader."

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Shhhh! said:

Bratzi's white nationalist cut and pastes, or cheap cell phones,
watches and sneakers.
Your vote?

* * *What newsreader are you using? If it's OE, I can offer some help.

It was actually a comment on the relative worth of the posts, intended
humorously.

Humor? On an ***AUDIO*** newsgroup? You must be mad.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MINe109 MINe109 is offline

On Apr 13, 7:10 pm, George M. Middius
wrote:
Shhhh! said:

Bratzi's white nationalist cut and pastes, or cheap cell phones,
watches and sneakers.
Your vote?
What newsreader are you using? If it's OE, I can offer some help.

It was actually a comment on the relative worth of the posts, intended
humorously.

Humor? On an ***AUDIO*** newsgroup? You must be mad.

They're a barrel of laughs on RAHE.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

MINe109 said:

Humor? On an ***AUDIO*** newsgroup? You must be mad.

They're a barrel of laughs on RAHE.

Are those RAHE loosers™ still looking for the silver bullet that will
kill all the real audiophiles? They should read the memo already.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/160/3...edf107dabe.jpg

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MINe109 MINe109 is offline

On Apr 13, 10:02 pm, George M. Middius
wrote:
MINe109 said:

Humor? On an ***AUDIO*** newsgroup? You must be mad.

They're a barrel of laughs on RAHE.

Are those RAHE loosers(tm) still looking for the silver bullet that will
kill all the real audiophiles? They should read the memo already.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/160/3...edf107dabe.jpg

The latest weapon is the waveform screenshot.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
yellowmattercustard yellowmattercustard is offline

"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote

Your vote?

For more information about audio.

Yeah, I know. Good luck!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"yellowmattercustard" wrote in
message
"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote
Your vote?

For more information about audio.

That requires involvement by people who care about audio and know about
audio. The reigning RAO idiot's league fail on both counts. Their antics
have chased literally 100s of audiophiles and music lovers away.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:

MINe109 said:

Humor? On an ***AUDIO*** newsgroup? You must be mad.

Thanks for admitting that what the Middiot and his posse did to RAO is not
funny.

They're a barrel of laughs on RAHE.

As if RAO has been funny even once this millenium.

Are those RAHE loosers(tm) still looking for the silver
bullet that will kill all the real audiophiles?

If the Middiot and his posse are real audiophiles...

They should read the memo already.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/160/3...edf107dabe.jpg

Autobiographical?

Related to audio how?

The latest weapon is the waveform screenshot.

You mean like all those similar waves one finds in Stereophile?

Not for the graphically-challenged.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"MiNe 109" wrote in message

The Boston high-rez blind test report that was posted
here showed up on RAHE, with links to a website with
waveforms that 'proved' that most DVD-As were "obviously
compressed".

Got a problem with that?

Check it out, although it's probably even more boring
than my description except for fans of Sullie snark.

Boring = "does not agree with my biases"?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MINe109 MINe109 is offline

On Apr 14, 11:04 am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"MiNe 109" wrote in message

The Boston high-rez blind test report that was posted
here showed up on RAHE, with links to a website with
waveforms that 'proved' that most DVD-As were "obviously
compressed".

Got a problem with that?

Yes, with 'proof,' 'most' and "obviously".

Check it out, although it's probably even more boring
than my description except for fans of Sullie snark.

Boring = "does not agree with my biases"?

No, boring as in uninteresting due to my contributions. I'll be more
fun after I listen to some of my DVD-A titles in search of obvious
flaws.

Stephen

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:
"MiNe 109" wrote in message

The Boston high-rez blind test report that was posted
here showed up on RAHE, with links to a website with
waveforms that 'proved' that most DVD-As were "obviously
compressed".

Got a problem with that?

Yes, with 'proof,' 'most' and "obviously".

Why isn't the supplied documentation proof?

Check it out, although it's probably even more boring
than my description except for fans of Sullie snark.

Boring = "does not agree with my biases"?

No, boring as in uninteresting due to my contributions.
I'll be more fun after I listen to some of my DVD-A
titles in search of obvious flaws.

Given Stephen that you seem to be inured to the obviously problems with
vinyl that most of us hear, maybe you'll never hear any flaws.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MINe109 MINe109 is offline

wrote:
"MiNe 109" wrote in message

The Boston high-rez blind test report that was posted
here showed up on RAHE, with links to a website with
waveforms that 'proved' that most DVD-As were "obviously
compressed".

Got a problem with that?

Yes, with 'proof,' 'most' and "obviously".

Why isn't the supplied documentation proof?

Resolution of the waveform picture. Correlation with sound quality:
The DVD-A of Queen A Night at the Opera was compared unfavorably to
the Hollywood Records cd based on screenshots. That's one bad-sounding
cd, enough so a less dynamic mastering could sound better for reasons
that do not depend on dynamic range.

Check it out, although it's probably even more boring
than my description except for fans of Sullie snark.
Boring = "does not agree with my biases"?

No, boring as in uninteresting due to my contributions.
I'll be more fun after I listen to some of my DVD-A
titles in search of obvious flaws.

Given Stephen that you seem to be inured to the obviously problems with
vinyl that most of us hear, maybe you'll never hear any flaws.

As a long-time RAOer, I know I should ignore anything you say that
begins with "given".

I can hear flawed cd masterings, so I think the same will apply to
DVDs. I didn't have trouble finding fault with those Silverline
titles.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

messagenews:TtednY****Slz57VnZ2dnUVZ_jadnZ2d@gigan ews.com

"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote
Your vote?

For more information about audio.

That requires involvement by people who care about audio and know about
audio. *The reigning RAO idiot's league fail on both counts. Their antics
have chased literally 100s of audiophiles and music lovers away.

Keep saying it, GOIA, and somebody might even believe you. LOL!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

MINe109 said:

Given Stephen that you seem to be inured to the obviously problems with
vinyl that most of us hear, maybe you'll never hear any flaws.

As a long-time RAOer, I know I should ignore anything you say that
begins with "given".

Yes, those "obviously problems" are certainly not "given" for Normals.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"MINe109" wrote in message

wrote:
"MiNe 109" wrote in
message

The Boston high-rez blind test report that was posted
here showed up on RAHE, with links to a website with
waveforms that 'proved' that most DVD-As were
"obviously compressed".

Got a problem with that?
Yes, with 'proof,' 'most' and "obviously".

Why isn't the supplied documentation proof?

Resolution of the waveform picture.

No link provided, so it is impossible to know what Stephen is talking about
without extensive research.

Correlation with
sound quality: The DVD-A of Queen A Night at the Opera
was compared unfavorably to the Hollywood Records cd
based on screenshots.

Which screenshots?

In a valiant effort to compensate for your inability to properly document
your comments Stephen, I came up with this screen shot from a current (2007)
DVD-A:

http://www.m-ideas.com/sullivan/audi...gs_DVDA_st.PNG

Stephen, I'l bet that you are so inexperienced with displays of this kind
that you don't know what it represents. Is that the case?

In an effort to help you in your search for knowlege, let me provide you
with a comparable screen shot, showing far better dynamic range for the same
basic recording:

http://www.m-ideas.com/sullivan/audi...TwoLegs_CD.PNG

BTW,

Interestingly enough, this came from a CD that was mastered several years
earlier (2002).

That's one bad-sounding cd,

No, it is one bad-sounding DVD-A!

enough so a less dynamic mastering could sound better for
reasons that do not depend on dynamic range.

Amplitude dynamic range is not the only sonic dimension of a recording.
Power spectral response is very meaningful as well. If you record something
naturally, it will tend to do well on both counts.

Boring = "does not agree with my biases"?]

No, boring as in uninteresting due to my contributions.
I'll be more fun after I listen to some of my DVD-A
titles in search of obvious flaws.

For your first listening assignment Stephen, you migth want to listen to
that 2007 Queen DVD-A so that you will finally learn what poor dynamic
range sounds like. Apparently, your ears have become accustomed to the
reduced dynamic range that is inherent in the LP format, and have even
diefied it in your mind.

Given Stephen that you seem to be inured to the
obviously problems with vinyl that most of us hear,
maybe you'll never hear any flaws.

As a long-time RAOer, I know I should ignore anything you
say that begins with "given".

And so you did, suggesting that you lack conviction in your stated
preferences.

I can hear flawed cd masterings, so I think the same will
apply to DVDs.

It's not a matter of thinking, it is a matter of listening.

I didn't have trouble finding fault with those Silverline titles.

Those were classical music, right? Horses of a completely different color.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MINe109 MINe109 is offline

On Apr 14, 5:25 pm, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"MINe109" wrote in message

wrote:
"MiNe 109" wrote in
message

The Boston high-rez blind test report that was posted
here showed up on RAHE, with links to a website with
waveforms that 'proved' that most DVD-As were
"obviously compressed".

Got a problem with that?
Yes, with 'proof,' 'most' and "obviously".
Why isn't the supplied documentation proof?

Resolution of the waveform picture.

No link provided, so it is impossible to know what Stephen is talking about
without extensive research.

It's on RAHE, posted by Sullivan. He's also taken it to other forums.

Correlation with
sound quality: The DVD-A of Queen A Night at the Opera
was compared unfavorably to the Hollywood Records cd
based on screenshots.

Which screenshots?

Linked on RAHE.

In a valiant effort to compensate for your inability to properly document
your comments Stephen, I came up with this screen shot from a current (2007)
DVD-A:

http://www.m-ideas.com/sullivan/audi...gs_DVDA_st.PNG

Stephen, I'l bet that you are so inexperienced with displays of this kind
that you don't know what it represents. Is that the case?

I know what a waveform is.

In an effort to help you in your search for knowlege, let me provide you
with a comparable screen shot, showing far better dynamic range for the same
basic recording:

http://www.m-ideas.com/sullivan/audi...TwoLegs_CD.PNG

BTW,

Interestingly enough, this came from a CD that was mastered several years
earlier (2002).

Thanks, I've probably seen them, or similar ones posted elsewhere by
Sullivan.

That's one bad-sounding cd,

No, it is one bad-sounding DVD-A!

I actually have two cds, the 2002 crap-fest and the 2005 disc packaged
with a dvd. Upon further inspection, the dvd I have isn't the DVD-A,
but it has a 24bit/48khz stereo track.

BTW, you don't know how the DVD-A sounds, except to guess that it's
louder than the 2002 cd.

enough so a less dynamic mastering could sound better for
reasons that do not depend on dynamic range.

Amplitude dynamic range is not the only sonic dimension of a recording.
Power spectral response is very meaningful as well. If you record something
naturally, it will tend to do well on both counts.

Indeed.

Boring = "does not agree with my biases"?]
No, boring as in uninteresting due to my contributions.
I'll be more fun after I listen to some of my DVD-A
titles in search of obvious flaws.

For your first listening assignment Stephen, you migth want to listen to
that 2007 Queen DVD-A so that you will finally learn what poor dynamic
range sounds like. Apparently, your ears have become accustomed to the
reduced dynamic range that is inherent in the LP format, and have even
diefied it in your mind.

Sorry, I have the 2005 dvd. BTW, my reference for dynamic range is
live music.

Given Stephen that you seem to be inured to the
obviously problems with vinyl that most of us hear,
maybe you'll never hear any flaws.

As a long-time RAOer, I know I should ignore anything you
say that begins with "given".

And so you did, suggesting that you lack conviction in your stated
preferences.

No, that's not it.

I can hear flawed cd masterings, so I think the same will
apply to DVDs.

It's not a matter of thinking, it is a matter of listening.

Yes, I think I'll listen.

I didn't have trouble finding fault with those Silverline titles.

Those were classical music, right? Horses of a completely different color.

No, they were the Mavericks and Pentangle.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MINe109 MINe109 is offline

Just to clarify re ANATO. I have the disc included in the Crown Jewels
box set (1998) and the cd/dvd thirtieth anniversary package.

I think the DVD-A in question is the 2002 release from DTS
Entertainment. Other notable reissues are the DCC and MFSL.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 14 Apr, 18:25, "Arny Krueger" wrote:

Those were classical music, right? Turds of a completely different color.- Ascunde citatul -

its pretty clear bob wald Car Audio 25 September 21st 07 08:41 AM
All is clear Ian Iveson Vacuum Tubes 0 January 15th 06 11:12 AM
The reason why is clear. Patrick Turner Vacuum Tubes 14 January 5th 06 07:38 PM
Magazine clear out Bryan Page General 0 July 21st 03 07:32 PM
Magazine Clear out Bryan Page Pro Audio 0 July 21st 03 03:42 PM