Posted to rec.audio.pro
jason jason is offline

Default vinyl lives! this is just weird .. slightly OT

I saw a video for this kickstarter project. I'm still not sure it's not a
gag. How would it have any hope of tracking properly?

http://newatlas.com/rokblok-record-player/46806/

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 08/12/2016 03:12, Jason wrote:
I saw a video for this kickstarter project. I'm still not sure it's not a
gag. How would it have any hope of tracking properly?

http://newatlas.com/rokblok-record-player/46806/

Someone did something similar a while ago with a unit shaped like a VW
camper.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 8/12/2016 10:26 PM, John Williamson wrote:
On 08/12/2016 03:12, Jason wrote:
I saw a video for this kickstarter project. I'm still not sure it's not a
gag. How would it have any hope of tracking properly?

http://newatlas.com/rokblok-record-player/46806/

Someone did something similar a while ago with a unit shaped like a VW
camper.

Would be easier tracking a 16.5 than a 33. Would certainly struggle on
a 45 and be hextremely challenged on a 78, either brick or VW (may lose
traction on the rears and spin, so to speak)....

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 12/7/2016 10:12 PM, Jason wrote:
I saw a video for this kickstarter project.

Those who haven't studied history are bound to repeat it. There was a
toy from around 1970 modeled after a VW Micorbus that played records.
Not very well, not very gently. Not recommended for your 21st century
collectable (don't open the seal!) phonograph records.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJfauJmup24

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 10:12:19 PM UTC-5, Jason wrote:
I saw a video for this kickstarter project. I'm still not sure it's not a
gag. How would it have any hope of tracking properly?

http://newatlas.com/rokblok-record-player/46806/

Where's the stereo, where's the headphone jack!!??
See, the proper way to market, would be to have Bluetooth, so you could hear in stereo! Plus, you'd would have a street cleaning machine, that would also clean the record while playing!

I should have been an engineer!!!

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah Tobiah is offline

On 12/07/2016 07:12 PM, Jason wrote:
I saw a video for this kickstarter project. I'm still not sure it's not a
gag. How would it have any hope of tracking properly?

It would need to travel slower toward the center. I suppose
it could estimate the needed speed as long as you always started
from the beginning. Otherwise, perhaps it could sense the
current radius.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

John Williamson wrote:
On 08/12/2016 03:12, Jason wrote:
I saw a video for this kickstarter project. I'm still not sure it's not a
gag. How would it have any hope of tracking properly?

http://newatlas.com/rokblok-record-player/46806/

Someone did something similar a while ago with a unit shaped like a VW
camper.

They sold the VW camper ones at the five and dime when I was a kid. They
didn't track properly. They pretty much destroyed the record in one or
two plays. Kids loved them.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

On 9/12/2016 3:17 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
John Williamson wrote:
On 08/12/2016 03:12, Jason wrote:
I saw a video for this kickstarter project. I'm still not sure it's not a
gag. How would it have any hope of tracking properly?

http://newatlas.com/rokblok-record-player/46806/

Someone did something similar a while ago with a unit shaped like a VW
camper.

They sold the VW camper ones at the five and dime when I was a kid. They
didn't track properly. They pretty much destroyed the record in one or
two plays.

Pretty much the same as all the cheap "five and dime" players then,
including many still being sold today as suitable for transferring vinyl
to digital. Putting a penny on the tone arm to make it track anything
has never gone out of fashion for some people! :-(

Trevor.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

James Price wrote: "It has Bluetooth"

So frickn what? Most of us that care about
sound quality prefer a physical connection.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nil[_2_] Nil[_2_] is offline

On 08 Dec 2016, wrote in rec.audio.pro:

James Price wrote: "It has Bluetooth"

So frickn what? Most of us that care about
sound quality prefer a physical connection.

You seem to have a lot of trouble with continuity.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
None None is offline

theckmah, the village idiot wrote in message
So frickn what? Most of us that care about
sound quality prefer a physical connection.

Thank you for reminding everyone that you're still a retarded
dumb****.

KIHFNWAFA.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Thursday, December 8, 2016 at 3:09:45 PM UTC-5, James Price wrote:
On Thursday, December 8, 2016 at 8:11:58 AM UTC-6, JackA wrote:
On Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 10:12:19 PM UTC-5, Jason wrote:
I saw a video for this kickstarter project. I'm still not sure it's not a
gag. How would it have any hope of tracking properly?

http://newatlas.com/rokblok-record-player/46806/

Where's the stereo, where's the headphone jack!!??
See, the proper way to market, would be to have Bluetooth, so you could hear in stereo! Plus, you'd would have a street cleaning machine, that would also clean the record while playing!

I should have been an engineer!!!

Jack

It has Bluetooth.

Oh, I see that now!

Thanks.

Jack - a Day Late

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Thursday, December 8, 2016 at 10:50:39 PM UTC-5, wrote:
James Price wrote: "It has Bluetooth"

So frickn what? Most of us that care about
sound quality prefer a physical connection.

I think James was responding to my comment.

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro

John Williamson wrote: "If you care about sound quality, this is not a player you would even
glance at. It's especially a problem if you care about the condition of
the record after you've played it. It's a toy for easily impressed kids. "

My statement was against the wireless audio
movement in general. WIRED RULES!!
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Friday, December 9, 2016 at 8:38:58 AM UTC-5, wrote:
John Williamson wrote: "If you care about sound quality, this is not a player you would even
glance at. It's especially a problem if you care about the condition of
the record after you've played it. It's a toy for easily impressed kids. "

My statement was against the wireless audio
movement in general. WIRED RULES!!

Got Telephone Booth?

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro

JackA wrote: -show quoted text -
"Got Telephone Booth?

Jack "

Be serious Jack - for at least 5 seconds?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Friday, December 9, 2016 at 12:34:18 PM UTC-5, wrote:
JackA wrote: -show quoted text -
"Got Telephone Booth?

Jack "

Be serious Jack - for at least 5 seconds?

I see (elsewhere) you can make jokes, but I can't?

Jack