Posted to rec.audio.opinion
BretLudwig BretLudwig is offline

Default Ben Steins Documentary €śExpelled€ť

Ben Steins Documentary €śExpelled€ť

Posted by Matt Nuenke on Tuesday, April 22, 2008 at 10:12 PM in Free
Speech

"This weekend my wife and I saw the documentary movie €śExpelled.€ť It

stars Ben Stein, trying to show the heavy hand of scientific Darwinists in
suppressing any scientists that do not agree with the modern synthesis.
That is, suppressing any alternative to Darwinisms rejection of
intelligent design (creationism). How intolerant is science to intelligent
design? From watching the movie not much€”Stein only covers a couple of
examples, spending most of the movie showing him walking from one campus
or office to another.

The primary premise in the movie is that the simplest organisms that first
evolved on earth are far too complex and statistically could not have been
created from the primordial soup without a designer. The purpose of
Steins movie seems to be not so much against science, as to show that
there is a god because life needed a designer to even begin the process of
evolution. And why is such an intelligent person like Stein taking on this
issue? I can only speculate, but it seems to be part of the Neocons
strategy to maintain the guiding hand of the prophets (primarily the
Jews), the administrators like Bush and other government officials, and
the masses who need religion in place of open intellectualism. That is,
the masses do not need the truth, but need a sustaining dogma to follow
blindly where the Neocons lead them.

He talks with Richard Dawkins about his belief in God. At one point
Dawkins points out that the intelligent designers could be very
intelligent aliens from another planet that €śseeded€ť life on earth. It
seems an easy way out for educators, who may be forced to teach intelligent
design, to assume that it means that aliens and not some deity was the
intelligent designer, as a matter of scientific parsimony.

The absurdity of this movie however is that Stein focuses on a very narrow
area of academic intolerance when there are far more egregious examples of
political correctness and outright oppression using state sponsored dogma.
In every Western country, anyone who questions the details of the Holocaust
is harassed, censored or imprisoned for research that does not conform to
the Holocaust dogma. Likewise, scientists who study behavioral and
cognitive differences between various races or ethnic groups, and dare to
reveal academic research that shows real and innate differences between
races is subject to censorship and dismissal in far greater numbers than
the handful of academics who advocate intelligent design. Stein never
ventures into these other areas of academic censorship, leading me to
assert that academic freedom is not what stein is objecting to. He simply
wants to make the little people believe that intelligent design is a
viable hypothesis because he wants to make sure that the masses maintain
their religious faith. "

http://majorityrights.com/index.php/...tary_expelled/

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutaudio.com/group/rec.audio.opinion/
More information at http://www.talkaboutaudio.com/faq.html

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

Default Ben Stein’s Documentary “Expelled”

On 22 Apr, 19:41, "BretLudwig" wrote:
Ben Stein’s Documentary “Expelled”

Posted by Matt Nuenke on Tuesday, April 22, 2008 at 10:12 PM in Free
Speech

"This weekend my wife and I saw the documentary movie “Expelled.” It

[...]

intelligent aliens from another planet that “seeded” life on earth. It

http://majorityrights.com/index.php/..._steins_docume...

--
Message posted usinghttp://www.talkaboutaudio.com/group/rec.audio.opinion/
More information athttp://www.talkaboutaudio.com/faq.html

BTW, have you got any fake watches to sell?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
RapidRonnie RapidRonnie is offline

Ben Stein’s Documentary “Expelled”

Posted by Matt Nuenke on Tuesday, April 22, 2008 at 10:12 PM in Free
Speech

"This weekend my wife and I saw the documentary movie “Expelled.” It

(snipped for brevity as one should usually do when replying to Bret's
or anyone's pasted post)

On Apr 22, 7:07 pm, Clyde Slick wrote:
On 22 Apr, 19:41, "BretLudwig" wrote:

BTW, have you got any fake watches to sell?

Why buy the fake when the real deal is affordable?

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/clo...rman/index.htm
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On 26 Apr, 17:49, RapidRonnie wrote:
Ben Stein’s Documentary “Expelled”

Posted by Matt Nuenke on Tuesday, April 22, 2008 at 10:12 PM in Free
Speech

"This weekend my wife and I saw the documentary movie “Expelled.” It

(snipped for brevity as one should usually do when replying to Bret's
or anyone's pasted post)

http://majorityrights.com/index.php/..._steins_docume....

On Apr 22, 7:07 pm, Clyde Slick wrote:
On 22 Apr, 19:41, "BretLudwig" wrote:

BTW, have you got any fake watches to sell?

Why buy the fake when the real deal is affordable?

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/clo.../watches/glyci...

but they don't carry Swatzi's