Posted to rec.audio.car
Ericfg Ericfg is offline

Default OT - removing window tint

It's off topic, but how do I remove window film from my front windows
and windshield?
Figuring it's car-related and a lot of us have I hope that some here
may have tried it before and might have some advice.
Thanks in advance.
Eric G.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

Ericfg wrote:
It's off topic, but how do I remove window film from my front windows
and windshield?
Figuring it's car-related and a lot of us have I hope that some here
may have tried it before and might have some advice.
Thanks in advance.
Eric G.

60-grit sandpaper :-D
Posted to rec.audio.car
Pat M Pat M is offline

A bottle of Windex or whatever else you use to clean your windows with and
then a couple of brand new razor blades. Oh ya. And some time because that
is what it will take you in order to get the glue off.
--
Pat M
"Ericfg" wrote in message
oups.com...
It's off topic, but how do I remove window film from my front windows
and windshield?
Figuring it's car-related and a lot of us have I hope that some here
may have tried it before and might have some advice.
Thanks in advance.
Eric G.

Posted to rec.audio.car
GregS GregS is offline

In article .com, "Ericfg" wrote:
It's off topic, but how do I remove window film from my front windows
and windshield?
Figuring it's car-related and a lot of us have I hope that some here
may have tried it before and might have some advice.
Thanks in advance.

I don't remember how I have done it, but sometimes a hair dryer
can help things.

greg
Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Well, a trick with removing wallpaper is to use water and hairdryers to make
the glue sticky again and then the wallpaper just peels off in sheets. I
wonder if that will work with this glue. Since a windshield is DESIGNED to
get wet, perhaps not.

MOSFET

"GregS" wrote in message
In article .com,
"Ericfg" wrote:
It's off topic, but how do I remove window film from my front windows
and windshield?
Figuring it's car-related and a lot of us have I hope that some here
may have tried it before and might have some advice.
Thanks in advance.

I don't remember how I have done it, but sometimes a hair dryer
can help things.

greg

Posted to rec.audio.car
Branden Nelsen Branden Nelsen is offline

Try this:
http://www.advanceautoparts.com/engl...021101tr.html#

I had to get one of my windows retinted and it only took them a few minutes.
Not sure what they used!

-Branden

"Ericfg" wrote in message
oups.com...
It's off topic, but how do I remove window film from my front windows
and windshield?
Figuring it's car-related and a lot of us have I hope that some here
may have tried it before and might have some advice.
Thanks in advance.
Eric G.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain_Howdy Captain_Howdy is offline

Once you peel of a corner off the tint will just pull off, you will get some
glue on your window that will come off with soap water and a razor blade. Back
widows with defroster lines are a whole different story.

In article .com, "Ericfg"
wrote:
It's off topic, but how do I remove window film from my front windows
and windshield?
Figuring it's car-related and a lot of us have I hope that some here
may have tried it before and might have some advice.
Thanks in advance.
Eric G.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

MOSFET wrote:
Well, a trick with removing wallpaper is to use water and hairdryers to make
the glue sticky again and then the wallpaper just peels off in sheets. I
wonder if that will work with this glue. Since a windshield is DESIGNED to
get wet, perhaps not.

Actually, fabric softener is great for taking off wallpaper... soak it into a
sponge, spread on wallpaper... soaks through and loosens the glue nicely.

Won't work with tint though, I suspect.
Posted to rec.audio.car
Ericfg Ericfg is offline

Branden Nelsen wrote:
Try this:
http://www.advanceautoparts.com/engl...021101tr.html#

I had to get one of my windows retinted and it only took them a few minutes.
Not sure what they used!

-Branden

Thanks Branden, that was very helpful, although it seems like a lot of
work. :/

studio window: parallel planes instead of angled!? Ikhaya Studios Pro Audio 8 March 17th 06 04:07 AM
window seal leak mark Car Audio 6 June 10th 05 04:24 AM
Different Audio Design Watson A.Name - \Watt Sun, the Dark Remover\ Tech 45 November 20th 04 05:45 PM
window antenna problem Burt Car Audio 0 September 28th 04 04:54 PM
Removing an Alpine CDA-7930 Mark Connelly Car Audio 3 August 10th 04 11:14 PM