Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] AreikUSA@gmail.com is offline

Default Battery Problems

Ive just started having problems with my 96 Chevy AMPs droping when the
AC is on, Ive replaced the Battery and the Alternater and the problem
fixed itself for about 3 to 4 days then it started back up again. I
can hame my radio blasting and my lights on and be pretty much right on
14 Amps maybe a little lower, but soon as i turn on my AC my AMPS drop
majorly i have not had it get lower then 12 yet but today it came
really close, anyone have any ideas on how to either find what is wrong
or know whats wrong? The Air Works Gets cold.

Posted to rec.audio.car
DevilDriver DevilDriver is offline

what vehicle specifically?

--
DevilDriver
Posted to rec.audio.car
KU40 KU40 is offline

going down to near 12 with A/C on at idle isn't a rare thing. My car
does it too. AC just pulls a lot of current, and with the heat of the
summer electrical things run hotter and less efficiently.

--
KU40
Posted to rec.audio.car

KU40 wrote:
going down to near 12 with A/C on at idle isn't a rare thing. My car
does it too. AC just pulls a lot of current, and with the heat of the
summer electrical things run hotter and less efficiently.

--
KU40

Well First off its a 96 Chevy Silverado, About the RPMs Droping that
would be a no, truck somewhat seems to run fine besides the timing
being off.

KU40, My truck just started doing this really, right before all this
started i had just taking a Trip to Arizona For school and The hole way
there and back it never left 14. That was with the A/C all the way up
Lights going at night and My Sterio (Custom) going.

I was talking to old mechanice and he said it sounds like a Short(Old
owner of the Truck)

Could it be the Control Panel for the A/C?

Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain_Howdy Captain_Howdy is offline

If anything, I would place my bets on the A/C clutch drawing too much power.
The A/C clutch must be energized in order to stay engaged. If it's worn out
then it could start drawing more power then normal. The further the clutch has
to travel due to wear the more spring resistance it will encounter. Another
thing to look at is your heater motor. Disconnect it under the hood and turn
you're A/C on and see it your current draw raises to normal. Don't run you're
a/c too long with the heater motor disconnected so that your evaporator does
not freeze up.

In article .com,
wrote:

KU40 wrote:
going down to near 12 with A/C on at idle isn't a rare thing. My car
does it too. AC just pulls a lot of current, and with the heat of the
summer electrical things run hotter and less efficiently.

--
KU40

Well First off its a 96 Chevy Silverado, About the RPMs Droping that
would be a no, truck somewhat seems to run fine besides the timing
being off.

KU40, My truck just started doing this really, right before all this
started i had just taking a Trip to Arizona For school and The hole way
there and back it never left 14. That was with the A/C all the way up
Lights going at night and My Sterio (Custom) going.

I was talking to old mechanice and he said it sounds like a Short(Old
owner of the Truck)

Could it be the Control Panel for the A/C?

Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] AreikUSA@gmail.com is offline

Well i would hope its not the Clutch on the A/C, i just replaced that
but the heater sounds like a good idea thnx ill try that.