Default Looking for Remote Start CD Player

I'm looking for a CD player that can be remotely started (play) with a
simple short circuit. I've looked into the Gemini product but their
"control" cord has eight pins and it'll take some time to find out what
combination starts the CD player. Any/all information would be much
appreciated.
Thank you

Scott Dorsey

In article , wrote:
I'm looking for a CD player that can be remotely started (play) with a
simple short circuit. I've looked into the Gemini product but their
"control" cord has eight pins and it'll take some time to find out what
combination starts the CD player. Any/all information would be much
appreciated.

The service manual should tell you which pin is which.

Denon makes some broadcast machines with remote relay start for connection
to broadcast consoles. So does Teac. You'll still need the manual to hook
them up, though.

A lot of folks hack up consumer machines with outboard jacks connected to
the play button.
William Sommerwerck

Most CD players will automatically play the disk in the tray when they are
turned on.

If that's all you want to do, all you need is a power switch.

William Sommerwerck

PS: If you use the "two wires across the Play button" solution, you'd be
better off using a FET and a logic gate to short the switch, rather than two
"nude" wires. It's better to provide a bit of isolation; you never know
what's going to come down those dangling control wires.

Julian

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 09:38:12 -0700, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

PS: If you use the "two wires across the Play button" solution, you'd be
better off using a FET and a logic gate to short the switch, rather than two
"nude" wires. It's better to provide a bit of isolation; you never know
what's going to come down those dangling control wires.

I guess you're right, but I've done it this way 25 or 30 times and
never had a problem over a 10 year period. That's a pretty good track
record. The rest of the system is always grounded properly and the
device supplying the closure is usually a TTL or open collector type
device designed for this purpose although I have used a simple contact
relay at times too.

Julian

DVD player audio distortion tk Tech 9 August 17th 04 09:18 AM
MP3 player with best hardware + software UI Bennett Haselton Tech 18 June 19th 04 11:57 PM
MP3 player with best hardware + software UI Matthew Weigel Audio Opinions 0 June 17th 04 06:20 AM
Looking for a portable CD player with a real resume feature Bice General 0 July 27th 03 04:19 PM
CD Player Problems jbicking Car Audio 0 July 19th 03 04:42 PM