Mikey

Bill Van Dyk wrote in message ...
You never can tell. Personally, I feel that David Foster is the very
essence of everything that is evil about corporate control of pop music,
but that's just me. Which do you like better, "Colour My World" (makes
me cringe) or "25 or 6 to 4"?

My theory is that nobody likes "Colour My World" as much as I love "25
or 6 to 4", but a much larger number of people don't dislike it as much
as some people probably dislike "25 or 6 to 4" and that's why we have
television.

I like them both - 25 or 6 to 4 better. I don't like much David Foster
has done in recent years, but I think Wildflower was around '71 -
before D.F. began farting through silk. Let's not judge '71 by '94,
OK?

Mikey

Mikey wrote:

I hope to hear it soon, but for my money, 2 of the best (non-beatles)
arrangements that quickly come to mind are 70's minor hit "Wildflower"
by Skylark (I believe David Foster was a big part of that), and Don
McLean's Breathtaking cover of Roy Orbison's "Crying" on the "Chain
Lightning" album. McLean almost always had a knockout cover version on
each album - "Cryin In The Chapel" was pretty cool, too.

Pete Dimsman

Mikey wrote:

Bill Van Dyk wrote in message ...

You never can tell. Personally, I feel that David Foster is the very
essence of everything that is evil about corporate control of pop music,
but that's just me. Which do you like better, "Colour My World" (makes
me cringe) or "25 or 6 to 4"?

My theory is that nobody likes "Colour My World" as much as I love "25
or 6 to 4", but a much larger number of people don't dislike it as much
as some people probably dislike "25 or 6 to 4" and that's why we have
television.

I like them both - 25 or 6 to 4 better. I don't like much David Foster
has done in recent years, but I think Wildflower was around '71 -
before D.F. began farting through silk. Let's not judge '71 by '94,
OK?

As a matter of fact, the year "Colour My World" came out it was duking
it out with "Stairway To Heaven" for best song that year on rock and
roll radio.

Go figure.