Posted to rec.audio.pro
McF

Default Sonar 5.0 User's Guides and/or Manual questions

Hello-

I have 2 questions:

1. What do you recommend as the best book for learning to use Sonar at a
reasonably in depth level? I have only seen the "Ignite", "Power",
"Overdrive" series in my searches. Of those three, it appeared that
"Power" was most appropriate for broad and deep knowledge. Anyone have
any experience/opinions on these or others?

2. Is there any source for downloading the actual Sonar user manual, or
is it only available with purchase of the software?

I've been trying out the demo version of Sonar 5, and before making any
decisions, I'd like to do a bunch of reading to see if the program's
really going to feel right for me, as compared with some competing
products that I'm considering.

Thanks for the info.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul Kotheimer

"Ricky Hunt" wrote in message
I suggest posting on cakewalk.audio. As for reading, the Help File that
comes with Sonar (and I assume the demo) is about 95% the same as the
printed manual. In fact, I've never had to even open the real manual (for
the last several versions) since the Help File had all I needed to know.

I suggest just reading the manual, makes perfect bathroom reading, and my gf
doesn't complain. don't understand why you need sonar power...manual has
all that stuff and more.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Gary Reed

Sonar Power by Scott Garrigus is the best.
He has a Forum with lots of Sonar users.
www.digifreq.com
There's a search function at the top of thread board, It's great for
finding answers.
It's a great forum!
Gary Reed

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Gary Reed

Sonar Power by Scott Garrigus is the best.
He has a Forum with lots of Sonar users.
www.digifreq.com
There's a search function at the top of thread board, It's great for
finding answers.
It's a great forum!
Gary Reed

Is Sonar considered a joke in the pro field? Albert Petersen Pro Audio 152 January 22nd 06 03:02 PM
Scott R. Garrigus' DigiFreq Music Technology Newsletter - Issue 22 Scott R. Garrigus General 0 August 18th 05 11:58 PM
Free Ipods JayD7217 Vacuum Tubes 1 April 25th 05 01:06 AM
?? Newbie Question for Sonar 2 users... Sock Puppet #4 Pro Audio 0 November 28th 04 05:11 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!sonar vs cubase: final verdict.. O_Zean Pro Audio 0 August 1st 03 03:42 PM