Rob Adelman

Default (OT)..... What Would You : Wesley Clark joins Presidential race

Folks, I think we have a winner:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/09/17/elec04.prez.clark/index.html

Analogeezer

Rob Adelman wrote in message ...
Folks, I think we have a winner:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/09/17/elec04.prez.clark/index.html

Hey the guy drives a sports car instead of some dumb SUV (seems that
some politicos that are insecure about their manhood so they drive
giant Suburbans, Trucks, and Humvees).

Must be something about Generals and sports cars....I used to know
this guy at work that was the son of a somewhat famous general (the
son had gone to West Point as well).

He was talking about his dad (who was in his 80's at the time....this
was around 1994), who got tickets all the time in his Turbocharged
mid-engined Toyota MR2.

I can't recall exactly what kind of vehicle it was, but even the mom
had a pretty high performance car (I think she had a Turbo Supra).

Sounds like a fun family...

Nonetheless I think Clark might make a good candidate, I'll have to
read up on him.

One thing for sure, I'd pay GOOD MONEY to see him debate Bush, the guy
seems to have more brains in his pinky than the shrub does...who can't
seem to construct a coherent sentence unless it comes off a
teleprompter and even then screws it up.

Oh yeah, I forgot, Bush is a military guy....sipped mint juleps down
in TX whilst skipping National Guard Duty (according to my brother,
back then they called it "draft dodging in green").

I guess that stint qualified him to make that carrier landing g

Analogeezer
Glenn Dowdy

"Analogeezer" wrote in message
om...

Oh yeah, I forgot, Bush is a military guy....sipped mint juleps down
in TX whilst skipping National Guard Duty (according to my brother,
back then they called it "draft dodging in green").

I think he was seconded to the Alabama National Guard during the years in
question. AFAIK, he was active in TANG.

Glenn D.

Justin Ulysses Morse

Rob Adelman wrote:

But seriously, even way back in the 90's g, I remember every time I
heard him talking, I liked him. Seems real honest too, THAT would be a
nice change.

I don't think it's enough to "seem" honest. I'm looking for somebody
who IS honest. We'll have to wait and see if Clark fits the bill.

There are lots and lots of dumb Republicans who think W "seems" honest.
Anybody who's paying close attention knows better.

And no, I'm not calling all Republicans dumb. Just the ones who think
W seems honest. There are plenty of conservatives out there who don't
view giving away our entire national treasury as "conservative" nor
view the president's claim this money's going to working folks as
"honest."

What this election really needs is NOT another Democrat. What we
really need is another Republican in the race.

ulysses
R Krizman

Must be something about Generals and sports cars...

He already had a chance to drive a Hummer in his line of work and probably
doesn't miss it.

Oh yeah, I forgot, Bush is a military guy....sipped mint juleps down
in TX whilst skipping National Guard Duty (according to my brother,
back then they called it "draft dodging in green").

Yeah, you can bet with Wesley Clark in the race Bush won't be showing up
anywhere in a flight suit.
(remember Dukakis in that tank?)

At first look I really like Clark. In light of all the **** Bush has gotten us
into, I'd sleep better with a real commander-in-chief in charge. He's still
untested on domestic issues, but he couldn't be any less competent than the
current administration .

-R

James Boyk

Rob Adelman wrote:
...as opposed to the all the current candidate's focus on what Bush has done wrong.

It's definitely nice to have a candidate with positive ideas; but it's pretty
hard to ignore an Executive who has started a war, thereby killing and injuring
many, on the basis of lies; worsened the country's debt position by $500 Billion
in four years; is clearly running the war and the country purely for the benefit
of ultra-rich individuals and corporations such as Halliburton and Bechtel; and
whose sole response to challenge is to wrap himself in the flag. A more cynical
use of the highest office in the land would be hard to imagine. A more insulting
assessment of the intelligence of the American People than that implied in his
behavior is impossible to imagine. If such a character appeared in a novel, the
author would be accused of creating a mere cartoon figure.

James Boyk

Kurt Albershardt

Analogeezer wrote:

Nonetheless I think Clark might make a good candidate, I'll have to
read up on him.

Hearing him speak made me want to find out more about him--which is more
than I can say about the rest of the field so far.

One thing for sure, I'd pay GOOD MONEY to see him debate Bush, the guy
seems to have more brains in his pinky than the shrub does...who can't
seem to construct a coherent sentence unless it comes off a
teleprompter and even then screws it up.

Clark was a Rhodes scholar and first in his class at West Point.

Analogeezer

Kurt Albershardt wrote in message ...
Analogeezer wrote:

Nonetheless I think Clark might make a good candidate, I'll have to
read up on him.

Hearing him speak made me want to find out more about him--which is more
than I can say about the rest of the field so far.

One thing for sure, I'd pay GOOD MONEY to see him debate Bush, the guy
seems to have more brains in his pinky than the shrub does...who can't
seem to construct a coherent sentence unless it comes off a
teleprompter and even then screws it up.

Clark was a Rhodes scholar and first in his class at West Point.

One of my best friends is a West Point grad...he's about 5X smarter
than I am and I think he graduated around the middle of his class.

You don't come out of that place unless you've got your feces fairly
together...

Analogeezer
EganMedia

One of my best friends is a West Point grad...he's about 5X smarter
than I am and I think he graduated around the middle of his class.

You don't come out of that place unless you've got your feces fairly
together...

People used to say that about Yale too...

Joe Egan
EMP
Colchester, VT
www.eganmedia.com
georgeh

"Roger W. Norman" writes:

And I've talked to Clark over the years (maybe two times at AmVet National
Conventions). He's one smart guy. Ever notice how the guys who fight the
wars don't want to fight the wars if they can get a diplomatic solution
while the guys who've never fought a war are willing to risk a lot of other
people's lives?

His interview with Chis Mathews last eve was nothing short of BRILLIANT
IMO. Chris tried a buch of rapid-fire hot-button questions, and
Clark more than held his own. So far this guy looks REALLY good to me!

Mark Plancke

James Boyk wrote:
A more insulting
assessment of the intelligence of the American People than that implied in his
behavior is impossible to imagine. If such a character appeared in a novel, the
author would be accused of creating a mere cartoon figure.
James Boyk

Some interesting and insightful reading on Micheal Moores site.

http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/index.php

Mark
http://SoundtechRecording.com

"Putting the lion's share of your attention and investment out in front
of the microphones pays off every time." -- Bob Olhsson
Vladan

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 09:12:04 -0500, Rob Adelman
wrote:

Folks, I think we have a winner:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/09/17/elec04.prez.clark/index.html

Democrat party member, military General, Clinton's "best man", little
soul from Little Rock, afraid of his origin... for president. We are
in deepest **** ever. Expect nukes to be used for real, real soon.
Vladan
www.geocities.com/vla_dan_l
www.mp3.com/lesly , www.mp3.com/shook , www.mp3.com/lesly2
www.kunsttick.com/artists/vuskovic/indexdat.htm

Dave Martin

"nmm" wrote in message ...

I was hoping Ramsey Clark would seek the nomination.

I was hoping Dick Clark would seek the nomination (Unless he's running for
Governor of California).

--
Dave Martin
Java Jive Studio

Vladan

On 18 Sep 2003 18:31:29 GMT, (R Krizman) wrote:

Who is "we"?

Michael Jackson, U2, the children, the world...
Vladan
www.geocities.com/vla_dan_l
www.mp3.com/lesly , www.mp3.com/shook , www.mp3.com/lesly2
www.kunsttick.com/artists/vuskovic/indexdat.htm

Jeff Maher

"Glenn Dowdy" wrote in message

"Analogeezer" wrote in message
om...

Oh yeah, I forgot, Bush is a military guy....sipped mint juleps down
in TX whilst skipping National Guard Duty (according to my brother,
back then they called it "draft dodging in green").

I think he was seconded to the Alabama National Guard during the years in
question. AFAIK, he was active in TANG.

Glenn D.

Incorrect.

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/030411.html

http://uggabugga.blogspot.com/2003_0...a_archive.html

Disclaimer: I've gone to Draft Clark meetings and am collecting petition
signatures.

Jeff Maher
Garage Mahal Recording
Austin, Texas

Rob Adelman

Default (OT)..... Wesley Clark joins Presidential race

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=578&ncid=578&e=3&u=/nm/20030918/ts_nm/politics_clark_dc

i really like clark and i'd hate to see him get raked through the mud
by the fox news and rush limbaugh types. in that respect, i for one
was disappointed to hear about his candidacy.

He seems like he can hold his own against Limbaugh and the like.
Assuming no skeletons in the closet.

Per Karlsson

Rob Adelman replied:
Perfect. Again he shows courage in admitting that there are no definite
answers and changes with events as they happen. Many politicians could
learn a thing or two about humility.

Although I agree with all of the above, I'm not sure that I agree with
your interpretation. And I think generals should stay out of politics,
just as politicians should stay out of military tactics, and
guitarists should stay out of production. It's a bad sign for a
country when generals seek political office. On the other hand I have
to admit he does indeed look like the best candidate yet (which is
perhaps an even worse sign).
EganMedia

He seems like he can hold his own against Limbaugh and the like.
Assuming no skeletons in the closet.

....like DWIs, unanswered questions about cocaine use or neices with heroin
problems?...

Joe Egan
EMP
Colchester, VT
www.eganmedia.com

Mark Plancke

Vladan wrote:

Democrat party member, military General, Clinton's "best man", little
soul from Little Rock, afraid of his origin... for president. We are
in deepest **** ever. Expect nukes to be used for real, real soon.
Vladan

Dude, the US is already in deep, deep ****. Oh, and it will get worse
if the current administration has it's way. They are trying to put
their hands in many pies where they would be better off keeping to
themselves. Gotta fight those "evil doers".

Mark
http://SoundtechRecording.com

"Putting the lion's share of your attention and investment out in front
of the microphones pays off every time." -- Bob Olhsson
Vladan

On 19 Sep 2003 18:48:28 GMT, (R Krizman) wrote:

What I meant was, who are you?. I was referring to your following quote and
wondering what was your experience with American politics that led you to your
conclusion. Are you saying that Clark would create a more dangerous scenario
because of superficial resemblances to Clinton? Are you expressing your
contentment with the current administration? Are you generalizing from
something you experienced in Yugoslavia when Clark was heading the NATO forces?

You are just about right for all of above.
In that context, I'm someone who eperienced Clark's vision of peace,
which could be summed into: when one side win, than there will be
peace. Or even shorter: "War for peace". Than again, what other vision
can you expect from an military personell. It was not nescersserilly
his idea to start the war, although he must have approved it all, but
he was all eagar to prove himself in the battlefield, dreaming of
victorious tank drive into surrended cities. In the end, he was not of
that luck, but had to satisfy himself with 50000 feet bomb dropping
onto residental areas, powerplants, TV towers, roads and bridges.
Now, he sees other generals driving tanks in surrended cities. Wonder
wht's on his mind?

Here I had some few hundred wordwritten, with religions, races and
alike mentioned, but deleted them. In short, I think, Democrates in
power are worse than Conservatives, because their doctrine is coming
from (over)compensation for frustrations, invalidities and hiding own
nature, while conservatives do what they do to express themselves and
because it is their nature.
From there, democrates justify wars by helping "right" side to win,
while conservatives justfy it by "need for protection way of life",
all because it's the "vital interest of USA". And so on.

As it stands now, it just reads like some flip comment and I know you give
things deeper thought.

Again, you are right. Guess I was playing smart ass.
Vladan
www.geocities.com/vla_dan_l
www.mp3.com/lesly , www.mp3.com/shook , www.mp3.com/lesly2
www.kunsttick.com/artists/vuskovic/indexdat.htm
Marty Feldman

"Dave Martin" wrote in message ...
"Per Karlsson" wrote in message
om...
And I think generals should stay out of politics,
just as politicians should stay out of military tactics, and
guitarists should stay out of production. It's a bad sign for a
country when generals seek political office.

I dunno - we survived Generals Washington, Grant, and Eisenhower as
presidents, and more than one producer.guitarist. I personally think that
the worst sign for a country is when the percentage of eligible voters
actually voting falls below 60% (and it's been substantially lower than that
recently).

and the 7 in 10 americans believing that saddam was personally
involved with 9/11 is a disheartening reflection of that apathy...and
ignorance. with fox news, rush limbaugh, and others failing to
correct that notion among its conservative audience, even as its
influence continues to grow leaps and bounds, no wonder the rest of
the world wants more UN authority to balance out the bush admin. they
too have lost faith in the sound judgement of the american electorate.
Per Karlsson

Some more about Clark:
http://www.counterpunch.org/madsen09182003.html

Per Karlsson

Rob Adelman replied:
I guess everyone is enitled to an opinion. I'm no expert but this
article appears to be full of holes.

Well, I wouldn't know. I've just begun reading up on this guy. Is
there anything in particular that you're missing?