Posted to rec.audio.tech
Acousticism Acousticism is offline

Default What is your perfect DAW?

In todays world of ProTools and Digital Performer, there are so many
ways to manipulate waves and midi. But only after months, or even
years of playing with such programs can you finally get a hang of what
your doing and what is possible to do.
I think the general rule of "simple is better" can apply to audio
without making it just a recorder like Audacity or . If there was a
DAW that even a 5 year old could understand after one day of using it,
I would buy it. I know allot of people will say Garage Band, but to me
that is still commercially average functionally typical. What if you
took a step back and looked outside the box? If you had a blank
pallet, what would you want your DAW to do and how would you set it
up? Put in another way, what dont you like about your current DAW and
what would you change about it?

Ill start it off. I don't like how ProTools doesn't have any visual
connectors other than text on inputs and outputs. I would probably
prefer a Reason approach and have visual devices that I could connect
to each other.

the perfect sub ! ??? oopu Pro Audio 4 January 27th 07 03:34 AM
The Perfect Tweak for SHP GeoSynch Audio Opinions 5 April 1st 06 07:20 AM
RNP perfect Geoff@work Pro Audio 0 January 5th 06 12:35 AM
The perfect woman? RickH Vacuum Tubes 36 October 19th 05 10:03 PM
RAT is perfect TubeGarden Vacuum Tubes 3 November 22nd 03 04:36 AM