Posted to rec.audio.tech
Richard Amirault Richard Amirault is offline

Default Getting USB audio device to input in Win XP

I just purchased a line (dual RCA jacks) to USB in/out device for recording
with my computer. When I attached the device the computer went thru the "new
device" stuff and finally said my new hardware is installed and ready to
use.

The device shows up as an option in the VOLUME CONTROL drop down menu both
on Playback and Record .. the built-in sound card and the USB device. BUT on
record there are no options .. no volume control .. no sliders .. nothing.
Even the OK button is greyed out (for the Volume Control Record box)

When I try to send audio into the computer I can hear that it makes the USB
box (headphone jack) but I've tried two programs to record and neither see
any audio out of the box.

Anyone know what I need to do? Do I need a new driver?

The device is this:
http://www.behringer.com/UCA202/index.cfm?lang=ENG

--
Richard Amirault N1JDU Boston,
MA, USA

Posted to rec.audio.tech

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 01:43:12 GMT, "Richard Amirault"
wrote:

I just purchased a line (dual RCA jacks) to USB in/out device for recording
with my computer. When I attached the device the computer went thru the "new
device" stuff and finally said my new hardware is installed and ready to
use.

The device shows up as an option in the VOLUME CONTROL drop down menu both
on Playback and Record .. the built-in sound card and the USB device. BUT on
record there are no options .. no volume control .. no sliders .. nothing.
Even the OK button is greyed out (for the Volume Control Record box)

When I try to send audio into the computer I can hear that it makes the USB
box (headphone jack) but I've tried two programs to record and neither see
any audio out of the box.

Anyone know what I need to do? Do I need a new driver?

What programs are you using to record? Do they allow selection of
Record device, or do they use the Windows default device? HAVE you
set the Behringer as default input device in Control
Panel/Sounds/Audio? Have you disabled any onboard audio device in
BIOS?

I Wouldn't read too much into the lack of Record options. There's
little point in a level control once the signal is digitised. If you
overloaded the a/d stage there's nothing the computer can do about it.