Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Engineer[_2_] Engineer[_2_] is offline

Default Bad tube get bids!

What's the world coming to?!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/1-BAD-TUBE-Mullar... %7C240%3A1318

Not mine!
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
PhattyMo[_2_] PhattyMo[_2_] is offline

Engineer wrote:
What's the world coming to?!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/1-BAD-TUBE-Mullar... %7C240%3A1318

Not mine!
Cheers,
Roger

Wow,I've got a couple very well used ones here,that still work... maybe
i should put them up!
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Andre Jute[_2_] Andre Jute[_2_] is offline

On Dec 24, 4:11*am, Engineer wrote:
What's the world coming to?!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/1-BAD-TUBE-Mullar...D-AD-CAREFULLY...

Not mine!
Cheers,
Roger

That fellow selling the useless Mullard EL34 is a piker who'll rip
nobody but himself.

About a dozen years ago I famously swapped four totally dead Mullard
EL34 for a matched quad of 300B plus a pair of matched 845 plus some
other stuff I cannot now remember (possibly some milspec Chinese 6SN7
equivalents). The guy who gave me all that for four totally dead
Mullard EL34 was a Japanese dealer, not some innocent on Ebay. He knew
exactly what he was doing, and made a profit on the deal... (Bret
Ludwig, eat your heart out, the "ollies" are so much smarter than
you.)

That deal alone totally justifies the million dollars odd (at current
rates) that was spent on my education. It also jusfifies the Japanese
decision sixty years ago enthusiastically to become more Western than
the roundeyes. And it explains why the key indicator of sonic bliss
(class A operation, at its most unsullied in SE amps) was kept alive
in Japan through the dark transistor days, until reimported through
France by Jean Hiraga. The Japanese have respect. It is a valuable
commodity.

Andre Jute
"wonderfully well written and reasoned information
for the tube audio constructor"
John Broskie TubeCAD & GlassWare
"an unbelievably comprehensive web site
containing vital gems of wisdom"
Stuart Perry Hi-Fi News & Record Review
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Jan Jan is offline

PhattyMo wrote:

Engineer wrote:
What's the world coming to?!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/1-BAD-TUBE-Mullar... %7C240%3A1318

Not mine!
Cheers,
Roger

Wow,I've got a couple very well used ones here,that still work... maybe
i should put them up!

Mullard = Philips. Those old EL34's are not rare. A wornout tube is rubbish.

Jan
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

On Dec 24, 8:30*am, Andre Jute wrote:

That deal alone totally justifies the million dollars odd (at current
rates) that was spent on my education.

That was money well spent!

It also jusfifies ... . (rest mercifully snipped).

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA