Bill Pallies

Default Blaupunkt SF vs. Eclipse CD8053

Hi all,

I'm going to buy a new headunit in the next month or so and have narrowed it
down to either the Blaupunkt San Francisco CD72 or the Eclipse CD8053.

I like the Blau for it's included microphone RTA-ish setup option (with 9
band graphic, 4 band parametric), but the Eclipse has time alignment
(millisecond time-delay circuit to provide better imaging I suppose) and a 5
band parametric EQ. Both cost about the same (though I could probably swing
a better deal on the Blau). What do y'all think? Thanks

Steve Grauman

Save some cash, get the Eclipse CD8443, and never look back. I was considering
the same 2 decks you are, and ended up with the 8443, it's just a better deal,
and you won't notice a difference in sound quality.
Bill Pallies

Just curious, what are the differences between the 8053 and the 8443 besides
the balanced outputs and remote control differences (both of which mean not
a great deal to me)?

Also what should I expect to pay for the 8443?

Thanks,
-Bill