Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] justafingerpicker@yahoo.com is offline

Default PA System Opinions Sought

Might as well ask here, too...

I'm looking into buying a small PA system, suitable for small (i.e.,
audience under 100 people) venues which I can use to combine line input
guitar from a built-in pickup on an acoustic guitar, and vocal. Cost
*is* a factor. I have been looking at the Fender Passport PD-150, but
I'd be curious if anybody here would be willing to offer advice on a
good choice for such an application which offers reasonable (preferably
under $500) price, decent sound, and good portability. I already have
mics and cables. I'd also be interested in suggestions for good
choices for how to monitor such a system.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] justafingerpicker@yahoo.com is offline

Todd H. wrote:

Behringer PMH2000 mixer/amp two B1220

Seconded.

We gig with that setup essentially.

The passport is a chuck of crap in comparison, IMO.

Thanks for both replies. I've got an ancient system now, with two 50+
pound speakers and and an amp that will allow up to 6 line/mic inputs
-- even though I need only two. It's usuable...but clunky beyond
words, especially for playing one-hour gigs in front of small groups --
I spend nearly as much time moving as I do playing. (worse, IT is not
easily monitorable, either.)

Anybody know of something a tad more mobile, WITH monitoring
capabilities (which I'm sure would have to be purchased separately)?
Anyone? Bueller?

Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] justafingerpicker@yahoo.com is offline

Todd H. wrote:

Behringer PMX2000 or PMH660M + 2 B212A's for mains, and 1 or 2 of the
same for monitoring. We switched away from the heavier B1520's and
switched to the much more compact and light B212's for our mains and
it's been working quite well. To get more power, we simply bought 2
more of them for our full band setup. When we do acoustic duo work,
we bring 2 of them out.

http://www.behringer.com/PMH660M/index.cfm?lang=ENG

http://www.behringer.com/B212/index.cfm?lang=ENG
or
http://www.behringer.com/B215/index.cfm?lang=ENG

Takes care of you rmain and monitoring requirements and is cheap cheap
cheap. These speakers are very light and perform well to boot. If
you want your acoustic guitar to sound fuller, go for the 215 for the
mains--they're still very light.

Much obliged, Todd -- this oughta give me something to work with.

rec.audio.car FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (caution, this is HUGE) MOSFET Car Audio 0 June 18th 06 05:27 AM
It's amazing what you can find when you look. Audio Opinions 76 December 3rd 05 06:33 AM
Just for Ludovic Audio Opinions 64 November 19th 05 04:17 PM
Note to Trevor Audio Opinions 9 November 7th 05 08:45 AM