Posted to rec.audio.tubes
hydebee hydebee is offline

Default fa rare coaxial speakers great 4 tube amps

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Bret Ludwig wrote:

A bunch of **** to be sure. How the **** does he get stuff in stores
"closed in the 50's"? He doesnt of course, no one leaves desireable
retail properties unbothered for 50 years.

You don't get out much, do you. I see such stores if not every day,
several times per year, some in states of neglect/preservation beyond
even 50 years.

In point of fact, I ran across a store the other day in none-other than
one of the 'nearby' Philadelphia suburbs which was in use until quite
recently that had a store-room last used in 1942, locked up when the
then-owner's son went off to war. His younger son took over the store
and simply never opened the room ever since. Then, he decided to close
shop and sell out recently, simply got up and walked away, handing the
keys to a broker. Don't get excited, guys. It was a local
tailor/alterations/used clothes shop.

T'weren't much in it that was valuable, but nothing in it was touched
for lo these last 64 years.

And in case you haven't noticed, once-desireable 'Main Street'
storefronts have not been in much favor until quite recently and then
only in certain locations. Drive up SR61 or SR42 in Pennsylvania and
you will see more than a few such locations that have been boarded for
at least the last 30 years I have been passing them by.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
mueller mueller is offline

Peter Wieck wrote:
Bret Ludwig wrote:

[...]

I have to agree with Peter.
Drive around the Southern States. Realestate is worth a lot less there.
Here in Los Angeles a 5,000 sq ft house is 3 million bucks. In Columbia
South Carolina it's worth $250,000 on 5 acres of land. So yes it's very
possible for a place to sit idle for 60 to 70 years. And contents left
untouched that long.
Mike Mueller