Jonny Durango

Default Reverb Tip

Cool reverb tip I received from a cool guy:

Blending early reflections and reverb tails -TrueVerb and Renaissance Reverb

Love the sound of TrueVerb's simulated space but want to also have the
smooth reverb tails of the Renaissance Reverb? Want to get the best of both
worlds? For a single insert chain, place TrueVerb in the chain, followed
immediately by Renaissance Reverb.

We'll set TrueVerb first, so bypass Renaissance Reverb for the time being.
Load a preset you like or create your own. Turn the Reverb signal portion
off by clicking the blue square at the bottom right-hand corner (next to the
word Reverb). That way you are disabling True Verb's reverb tail section and
using only the direct and early reflection signals.

Now, engage Renaissance Reverb by taking it out of bypass mode. Choose a
preset or create a custom setting, and take the "early ref." slider all the
way down to "off." Now, by adjusting the Renaissance Reverb Wet/Dry sliders,
you control the blend of TrueVerb's rooms with Renaissance Reverb tails for
a killer one-two punch! Experiment!

--

Jonny Durango

www.jdurango.com

"If the key of C is the people's key, what is the key of the bourgeoisie?"
RD Jones

Jonny Durango wrote:

[...]

Here's another one ...

Most reverbs are now stereo out, if not stereo
in/out but 'back in the (analog) day' many reverbs
were mono out. A technique I'd use would be to run
the reverb out into a stereo chorus using only the
chorus outs to feed the reverb return. It worked
in a stereo PA system for a fat sound as well as
recording. The effect could be tailored at the
chorus wet/dry balance, going from 50/50 to full
wet for some cool spacial effects.
Just something else to try if you want to see how
effects can be interrelated.

rd

Zigakly

[...]

Actually I've been doing something similar. I've never liked plug-in reverb
tails, but I like the early reflections, so I run an aux for ER (TrueVerb)
and another for tail (outboard). The independent control helps position
things better, more/less ER for depth/up-front, more/less tail for apparent
volume.

Federico

Another trick for reverbs?
try not using them :-)
F.

Fletch

Federico wrote On 11/01/05 06:05,:
Another trick for reverbs?
try not using them :-)
F.

Yeah, I remember when a lot of rock and roll was absent the reverb, especially on the snare drum.
And it was up front and personal, all sweaty and intimate in your face rockin' the snot out of your
psyche.

We need more of that.

--fletch