Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Staring at old audio chassis as a hobby :) Staring at old audio chassis as a hobby :) is offline

Default The new woofer in the old heresy

Hi RATs!

OK, it was not as efficient as the original, I thought it was OK, but,
a visiting guru noticed "there is no bass" ... so, as I looked at
putting an autoformer into the xover, I tried just the choke and
woofer in parallel with a nice bookshelf ... it is true, there was not
enough bass. Now, I can relax and do the autoformer at my pace. The
kludge sounds great.

A T-storm rolled by during the second CD ... I still got no stinking
bass, compared with reality

Happy Ears!
Al

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Bret L Bret L is offline

On Jul 19, 4:56*pm, "Staring at old audio chassis as a hobby "
wrote:
Hi RATs!

OK, it was not as efficient as the original, I thought it was OK, but,
a visiting guru noticed "there is no bass" ... so, as I looked at
putting an autoformer into the xover, I tried just the choke and
woofer in parallel with a nice bookshelf ... it is true, there was not
enough bass. Now, I can relax and do the autoformer at my pace. The
kludge sounds great.

A T-storm rolled by during the second CD ... I still got no stinking
bass, compared with reality

Happy Ears!
Al

We had a word for this in the old days but even I don't use it
anymore. The name of the sanctioning body the old Kansas City Monarchs
played in is about as close as I'd come.