Johnston West

Default Audio Advice

By far the best audio advice I ever got was way back when I was a
young spud, just getting started in the Recording-Biz. I was
'assisting' a well known engineer on a live in-studio recording
session in LA....(ie, making coffee etc.....)

I was anxious to ask him a million questions, and during a busy part
of the session, when he was concentrating on getting sounds, I turned
to him and asked........ "So do you have any advice you can give me on
recording?" ........... he glared over at me and shot back
........"Yeah,... SHUT UP AND LISTEN!"

I felt like like crawling under the console, but I took his 'advice'
and learned a lot that day...... To this day I always think of that
quote when my mind and mouth get a bit too active...... I even have
that quote taped up in a discrete place in my studio.

Anyone else have any Audio Advice to share........ Or just any Life
Advice in general.

J_West