Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul Stamler Paul Stamler is offline

Default Distortion audibility - Bryan & Parbrook

Hi folks:

Do any of you have a copy of Bryan and Parbrook's 1960 paper, published in
the AES journal, on the relative audibility of various distortion harmonics?
I bought one ten years ago from AES, but can no longer locate it, and for
reasons I don't understand the article doesn't seem to be available on the
AES website, although there's an article which *mentions* it as the most
reliable research in the field.

Anyway, I want to talk about it to my class in audio specs, so if any of you
have one, please let me know -- thanks!

Peace,
Paul

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Paul Stamler" wrote in message
news
Hi folks:

Do any of you have a copy of Bryan and Parbrook's 1960
paper, published in the AES journal, on the relative
audibility of various distortion harmonics? I bought one
ten years ago from AES, but can no longer locate it, and
for reasons I don't understand the article doesn't seem
to be available on the AES website, although there's an
article which *mentions* it as the most reliable research
in the field.

Anyway, I want to talk about it to my class in audio
specs, so if any of you have one, please let me know --
thanks!

It's hopelessly obsolete since the Geddes and Lee papers of a few years
back.

You can probably steam a copy of the Geddes and Lee papers out of the
proprietors of this web site:

http://www.gedlee.com/distortion_perception.htm

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul Stamler Paul Stamler is offline

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
"Paul Stamler" wrote in message
news
Hi folks:

Do any of you have a copy of Bryan and Parbrook's 1960
paper, published in the AES journal, on the relative
audibility of various distortion harmonics? I bought one
ten years ago from AES, but can no longer locate it, and
for reasons I don't understand the article doesn't seem
to be available on the AES website, although there's an
article which *mentions* it as the most reliable research
in the field.

It's hopelessly obsolete since the Geddes and Lee papers of a few years
back.

Regardless of whether it's hopelessly obsolete -- that's a different
discussion -- does anyone have the Bryan-Parbrook paper?

Peace,
Paul

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Paul Stamler wrote:
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Paul Stamler" wrote in message
news
Hi folks:

Do any of you have a copy of Bryan and Parbrook's 1960
paper, published in the AES journal, on the relative
audibility of various distortion harmonics? I bought one
ten years ago from AES, but can no longer locate it, and
for reasons I don't understand the article doesn't seem
to be available on the AES website, although there's an
article which *mentions* it as the most reliable research
in the field.

It's hopelessly obsolete since the Geddes and Lee papers of a few years
back.

Regardless of whether it's hopelessly obsolete -- that's a different
discussion -- does anyone have the Bryan-Parbrook paper?

It's not in the JAES, it's in Acoustica, Vol. 10, 1960, pp. 87-91,
if you mean the one about audibility thresholds for distortion products.
I don't have a legible copy, though, and I would love one if you get
your library to hunt one up.