Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah Tobiah is offline

Default [OT] 48V into a breaker.

Sorry, but you guys would know.

I bought a 30amp breaker for my electric bike.
On the side, it says 120VAC 240VAC 30Amp.

I'm going to be putting 48V DC into it, but
I want it to break at 30 amps. Will it still
break where I want it to?

Thanks,

Tobiah
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article ,
Tobiah wrote:
Sorry, but you guys would know.

I bought a 30amp breaker for my electric bike.
On the side, it says 120VAC 240VAC 30Amp.

I'm going to be putting 48V DC into it, but
I want it to break at 30 amps. Will it still
break where I want it to?

No. Buy a breaker rated for DC, or use a fuse. AC breakers will not
work properly and cannot quench the more persistent arc. A marine supply
house should have breakers rated up to 48V, as should Graybar.