Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Default What is the best free Usenet group access site?

My ISP has discontinued a link to comindico.com.au, a company which gave
me the news group access to rec.audio.tubes and other groups.

Any ideas?

Patrick Turner.
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Ian Bell[_2_] Ian Bell[_2_] is offline

Patrick Turner wrote:
My ISP has discontinued a link to comindico.com.au, a company which gave
me the news group access to rec.audio.tubes and other groups.

Any ideas?

Patrick Turner.

Try albasini.net

Cheers

ian
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Sal[_2_] Sal[_2_] is offline

Patrick Turner wrote:
My ISP has discontinued a link to comindico.com.au, a company which gave
me the news group access to rec.audio.tubes and other groups.

Any ideas?

Patrick Turner.

Patrick,
You can try google groups.

Sal
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
jh jh is offline

Patrick Turner schrieb:
My ISP has discontinued a link to comindico.com.au, a company which gave
me the news group access to rec.audio.tubes and other groups.

Any ideas?

Patrick Turner.

try eternal-september (motzarella.org)

free, works like a charm.

regards

Jochen
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Sofa Slug[_2_] Sofa Slug[_2_] is offline

Patrick Turner wrote:
My ISP has discontinued a link to comindico.com.au, a company which gave
me the news group access to rec.audio.tubes and other groups.

Any ideas?

Patrick Turner.

Free or very cheap Usenet/News Servers (note that free servers may
experience occasional outages and/or missed posts):

http://www.eternal-september.org [formerly motzarella.org, Free]
http://www.albasani.net [Free, Germany based, very good spam filtering]
http://www.aioe.org [Free, daily postings limited to 25]
http://usenet4all.se [Free, Google Groups filtered]
http://www.news.cis.dfn.de [Free, Germany based]
http://dotsrc.org/usenet [Free, Denmark based, may lack some groups]
http://www.usenet-replayer.com [Free, web-based; posts are relayed]
http://www.x-privat.org/international.php [Free with fee-based options,
may lack some groups]
http://www.teranews.com [One time setup charge, carry some binary groups]
http://www.bubbanews.com [One time setup charge, fee-based options]
https://www.altopia.com [$6 per yr & up, carry some binary groups]
http://news.datemas.de [5 Euros ($7) per yr, Germany based]
http://www.glorb.com/usenet.php [$10 per yr]
http://news.individual.net [10 Euros ($14) per yr, Germany based, very
good spam filtering]

Metered/"pay by download" servers (preferred by some for economy, binary
access):

http://www.news.astraweb.com
http://usenet-news.net
http://www.octanews.com

Popular paid servers:

http://www.giganews.com
http://www.newsguy.com
http://www.supernews.com
http://www.powerusenet.com
http://www.easynews.com
http://www.forteinc.com/apn
http://www.newsrazor.net
http://www.binverse.com
http://secure.usenet-access.com

Reviews & info on paid servers:

http://www.newsgroupreviews.com
http://www.newsgroups.gs
http://ngprovider.com

More info on servers, both paid & free (somewhat outdated):

http://www.exit109.com/~jeremy/news/...providers.html

--

News Readers, list of:

http://www.bubbanews.com/clientlist.html
http://www.newsreaders.info/

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
[email protected] beel@eex.neet is offline

On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 23:46:45 +0200, jh
wrote:

Patrick Turner schrieb:
My ISP has discontinued a link to comindico.com.au, a company which gave
me the news group access to rec.audio.tubes and other groups.

Any ideas?

Patrick Turner.

try eternal-september (motzarella.org)

free, works like a charm.

regards

Jochen

i too use eternal-september, it works like a charm.

bill

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Fu Knee Fu Knee is offline

Hi RATs!

Patrick, I use Google Groups.

Your question brought lots of cool ideas. I have been sort of out of
it for the last decade, plus. These guys are great.

Recent reports that usoft is on a "screw Google" campaign give them
some net cred.

I hope you find something you like, you are one of my heroes

Don't let the *******s wear you down.

Happy Ears!

Al

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

On Sep 3, 8:56*pm, Fu Knee wrote:
Hi RATs!

Patrick, I use Google Groups.

Your question brought lots of cool ideas. I have been sort of out of
it for the last decade, plus. These guys are great.

Recent reports that usoft is on a "screw Google" campaign give them
some net cred.

I hope you find something you like, you are one of my heroes

Don't let the *******s wear you down.

Happy Ears!

Al

Hi Al,

I been out of the group for a month mainly because I have no normal
nice ISP access to the Usenet Groups. They dumped the one good feed
they got via a place called comindico.com.au

They are too lazy to set up another feed route; they say there is no
demand, and that they are busy. I went over to speak to the guy who
runs the ISPand got knowhere, and all the other ISPs are the same.

I have also been extremely busy and I have enough amp orders to keep
me going until July 2010. If I said anything anytime now about tubes
I'd just be repeating myself for the umpteenth time.

If I am heroic, it is mainly to earn money to pay the damn bills.

Also, I like to ride a bike a bit. I did 10,100km last year, maybe
8,000km this year.

I am not always at ease being indoors at the keyboard, which makes a
man's body rot to peices.

Patrick Turner.