Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Ian Bell[_2_] Ian Bell[_2_] is offline

Default Low Prifile B9A PCB sockets

I am building a mic pre in a 2U 19 inch rack box. It turns out the PCB
thickness plus the B9A socket height plus the tube height is exactly 2U.
Trouble is I need to mount the PCB a little above the the case bottom so
I need to gain a few mm from somewhere. The PCB mounting B9A sockets I
have at the moment are 14mm high so my easiest solution would be to find
a low profile version of these that are 10mm or less high. Anyone know
of a source of such a socket??

Cheers

Ian
Posted to rec.audio.tubes

"Ian Bell is ****ing tenth wit" "

I am building a mic pre in a 2U 19 inch rack box.

** Then the tubes mount in the HORIZONTAL plane !!

You ANENCEPHALIC POMMY IMBECILE !!!!!

..... Phil

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

On Jul 17, 6:53*am, Ian Bell wrote:
I am building a mic pre in a 2U 19 inch rack box. It turns out the PCB
thickness plus the B9A socket height plus the tube height is exactly 2U.
Trouble is I need to mount the PCB a little above the the case bottom so
I need to gain a few mm from somewhere. The PCB mounting B9A sockets I
have at the moment are 14mm high so my easiest solution would be to find
a low profile version of these that are 10mm or less high. Anyone know
of a source of such a socket??

Simpler to punch the PCB and use through-mount sockets. There are any
number of them available.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to rec.audio.tubes

On Jul 17, 7:00*am, "Phil Allison" wrote:
"Ian Bell is ****ing tenth wit" "

I am building a mic pre in a 2U 19 inch rack box.

** *Then the tubes mount *in the HORIZONTAL *plane !!

*You * ANENCEPHALIC *POMMY *IMBECILE * !!!!!

.... *Phil

Nor do you think much either. Perhaps he wants everything to be on one
board without going through the heroics of horizontal sockets... and
as actual, direct, off-the-shelf solutions to his problem are readily
available, your suggestion is simple idiocy.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

= ****wit & criminal lunatic

"Ian Bell is ****ing tenth wit" "

I am building a mic pre in a 2U 19 inch rack box.

** Then the tubes mount in the HORIZONTAL plane !!

You ANENCEPHALIC POMMY IMBECILE !!!!!

Nor do you think much either.

** Never known this moronic septic ****head to think at all.

Perhaps he wants....

** Wild suppositions are not reasoned thoughts.

They are, however, a sure sign of late stage

AUTISTIC DEMENTIA !!!!!!

..... Phil

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Simpler to punch the PCB and use through-mount sockets. There are any
number of them available.

** Where is the missing link ?

**** head.

........ Phil

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Phil Allison wrote:
"Ian Bell is ****ing tenth wit" "

I am building a mic pre in a 2U 19 inch rack box.

** Then the tubes mount in the HORIZONTAL plane !!

You ANENCEPHALIC POMMY IMBECILE !!!!!

In order to minimise microphony, the grids need to be vertical not
horizontal, so although mounting them horizontally solves the height
problem it creates another.

Cheers

Ian
Posted to rec.audio.tubes

On Jul 17, 8:49*am, "Phil Allison" wrote:

** Where is the missing link ?

Got a mirror? Find it there - although you most definitely would be
the weakest.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Default Peter Wieck Criminal Psychopath

Peter Wieck
Criminal Psychopath

Melrose Park, PA

FS: octal sockets Jim Vacuum Tubes 1 June 30th 05 03:36 AM
FS- Octal sockets Jim Vacuum Tubes 0 June 26th 05 12:06 AM
FS: Tube Sockets AAA RF Products Vacuum Tubes 0 June 25th 05 01:57 AM
No Tube Sockets ? fffcj Vacuum Tubes 5 August 27th 04 08:52 AM