Posted to rec.audio.tech
Gert Wiersema

Default Firewire 410 freezes

Hi,

A simple (but frustrating) problem: when I play audio through the M-audio FW
410 device, it will "freeze" now and then. You can click play in the audio
application, but the timeline insertion will not run. it's just the playback
engine that freezes, not the audio application.

The FW control panel looks ok, but if you try to adjust anything, like
moving a fader, it won't move. A reboot is needed.

It only occurs while playing audio. not just out of the blue.

Help! M-audio tech support won't help me and google is no succes either.

Gert

No power from firewire bus - Firebox [email protected] Pro Audio 3 January 21st 06 07:16 PM
FireWire jitter brubart Pro Audio 27 February 21st 05 05:44 PM
Firewire vs. LAN - Firewire Loses Mike Rivers Pro Audio 68 February 16th 05 11:35 PM
PRO Music USB and FireWire Profile Exchange - Updated October 07 2004 David Troxell - Encourager Software Pro Audio 0 October 7th 04 02:23 PM
here is how firewire ports fail George Pro Audio 13 September 11th 04 09:11 PM