Sander deWaal

Joseph Oberlander said:

Arny Krueger wrote:

I don't know if you are aware of this, but many people over in rec.audio.pro
are going gaga because the last American plant that made tapes for audio
production (i.e. open reel) shut just before the holidays. The last European
plant closed some time before that. I understand that the Japanese never
really were in this market, and stopped addressing it, too. That leaves all
of the *professional* analog tape machines in the world with no source of
supply that has a track record they can believe in.

Yeah, I heard of this. Sad, really. Is anyone making tape anymore?
Cassette tapes, though, are still selling last I went to a music store.

BTW, this all makes the few remaining analog bigots look pretty weird,
doesn't it?

Well, I see no problem as 240-320 bit MP3 is about equal to a good tape,
and just about every last player can play it back.

Well, *this* analog bigot stopped using cassette tapes about 7 years
ago as a recording medium, and reel tapes about 5 years ago.
I still have play back devices for them, but they don't see a lot of
use as I transferred almost everything to CD.

Even my trusty old DAT is gathering dust. And that's *digital* .
Tsk tsk.tsk. Now I've become a digital bigot as well........

--
Sander de Waal
" SOA of a KT88? Sufficient. "
Joseph Oberlander

Arny Krueger wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com

Joseph Oberlander wrote:

Here in L.A., perhaps things were a bit faster changing than
the rest of the U.S., but within 2-3 years, LP was all but gone.

News to me. I always knew where to find them. Still do.

Thrift stores, Salvation Army, city dump...

Los Angeles, being the epicenter of the music industry
was very quick to adapt. I do know of a few record stores
that survived, but most are gone.

Joseph Oberlander

George M. Middius wrote:

Lately, you've been more than a little 'borgish about LPs. Nanites acting
up? ;-)

No more than normal.

Seriously - about tubes - yeah, I'll debate all day as I
personally still like them. But LP is dead compared
to digital(especially DVD-A/SACD).

Now if only Sony would get off its ass and stop being
a pain in the rest of ours'. They always have to do
their own crap, don't they? First Beta, and now
they are forcing the issue on a HDTV recorder holy war.

Same with SACD. Ditch it and go with the DVD-A
already - or at least choose one so the format will
start to get more recordings made.

Arny Krueger

"MINe 109" wrote in message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

When are you going to withdraw your implicit claim
that there is no difference in the two cultures?

In this case, "implicit" means "made up out of thin air by Arny."

If you admit that the two cultures are different, and you accept that
purchasing patterns are somewhat dependent on the culture, then it's
entirely fair for me to attribute differences in purchasing patterns of LPs
to the differences in the two cultures.

MINe 109

"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"MINe 109" wrote in message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

When are you going to withdraw your implicit claim
that there is no difference in the two cultures?

In this case, "implicit" means "made up out of thin air by Arny."

If you admit that the two cultures are different, and you accept that
purchasing patterns are somewhat dependent on the culture, then it's
entirely fair for me to attribute differences in purchasing patterns of LPs
to the differences in the two cultures.

Go ahead. One of the cultural differences is that major labels in the UK
didn't abandon the lp as quickly as the US labels.

Stephen
Arny Krueger

"MINe 109" wrote in message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"MINe 109" wrote in message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

When are you going to withdraw your implicit claim
that there is no difference in the two cultures?

In this case, "implicit" means "made up out of thin air by Arny."

If you admit that the two cultures are different, and you accept that
purchasing patterns are somewhat dependent on the culture, then it's
entirely fair for me to attribute differences in purchasing patterns
of LPs to the differences in the two cultures.

Go ahead. One of the cultural differences is that major labels in the
UK didn't abandon the lp as quickly as the US labels.

Apparently, their behaviour was affected by the behavior of their consumer
base.

MINe 109

"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"MINe 109" wrote in message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"MINe 109" wrote in message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

When are you going to withdraw your implicit claim
that there is no difference in the two cultures?

In this case, "implicit" means "made up out of thin air by Arny."

If you admit that the two cultures are different, and you accept that
purchasing patterns are somewhat dependent on the culture, then it's
entirely fair for me to attribute differences in purchasing patterns
of LPs to the differences in the two cultures.

Go ahead. One of the cultural differences is that major labels in the
UK didn't abandon the lp as quickly as the US labels.

Apparently, their behaviour was affected by the behavior of their consumer
base.

I'm going to assume the various spellings are a subtle reference to
US/UK language differences. If so, well done!

Stephen
Arny Krueger

"George M. Middius" wrote in message

Paul Dormer said:

to the differences in the two cultures.

Is this the 5 minute argument or the 7 year one?

Regardless, Krooger is still a ****. Seven years of ****hood and still
counting.

Middius, several years ago I believe you said you were 37 years old. So now
its something like 40 years of being that stupid, and still counting?

dave weil

Paul Dormer said:

to the differences in the two cultures.

Is this the 5 minute argument or the 7 year one?

Regardless, Krooger is still a ****. Seven years of ****hood and still
counting.

Middius, several years ago I believe you said you were 37 years old. So now
its something like 40 years of being that stupid, and still counting?

Well, better than having almost 60 years of stupidity under your belt,
like you do.
MINe 109

Paul Dormer said:

to the differences in the two cultures.

Is this the 5 minute argument or the 7 year one?

Regardless, Krooger is still a ****. Seven years of ****hood and still
counting.

Middius, several years ago I believe you said you were 37 years old. So now
its something like 40 years of being that stupid, and still counting?

Well, better than having almost 60 years of stupidity under your belt,
like you do.

Look what I found:

It reminds me of an old Albert Brooks routine when he'd do idiotic prank
calls and absurdly claim victory that the people on the other end really
got had.

In one, he called a pet store and asked if they had any parakeets, when
they said they did, then he asked how many they had:

Sto "Seven."
Brooks: "Oh, I see, well, I wanted ten."
Sto "Well, we could call our other store and get the parakeets you'd
need."
Brooks: "So...(holding back a laugh) you'd have to call another store."
Sto "Yes, but it's no problem."
Brooks (choking back laughter): "Well, let me get back to you."
Sto "OK, have a nice day."
Brooks (hangs up): "Heh, heh, heh"

End quote.

Stephen
Clyde Slick

Paul Dormer said:

to the differences in the two cultures.

Is this the 5 minute argument or the 7 year one?

Regardless, Krooger is still a ****. Seven years of ****hood and still
counting.

Middius, several years ago I believe you said you were 37 years old. So
now its something like 40 years of being that stupid, and still counting?

Were you always a ****, or did it come to you later in life?

Arny Krueger

Sander deWaal whines:
"Arny Krueger" said:

"Sander deWaal" wrote in message

From a study by researcher Arthur D. Little, called

"Breakthrough",
reprinted in the Dutch magazine "Audio 7 Techniek", January 1993:

Google searching finds zero instances of "Audio 7 Techniek" in the

entire
web and all Usenet newsgroups, going back at least as far as 1993.

Odd that
such an influential magazine would not be referenced, even once.

Look at your keyboard.

On the "7" key there is also a "&" symbol, activated when pressed
together with the "shift" key.

Apparently, you are unable to apply some logical thinking to a minor
typo.

Needless to say, this could be expected from you.

Apparently Sander you are unable to take responsibility for your own
errors and have to therefore feel compelled to blame other people for
your blunders.

""In early 1980, there was a major opposition from the international
phonographic industry for introducing a new medium.
LP sales were dropping and developing an entire new medium would be
too expensive. One sunday morning, Philips CEO at that time,van der

Klugt ,
received
a nervous phone call from Aiko Morita (SONY president) regarding a
meeting where all major American labels were to attend."

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philips Cornelis Van der

Klugt
was CEO of Philips from 1986 to 1990. In 1980, Nico Rodenburg was

CEO.
Therefore in early 1980 Cornelis Van der Klugt was not the CEO of

Philips.

Whatever he was, CEO, president or division manager, apparently you
are unable to apply some logical thinking to a minor translation
error. Needless to say, this could be expected from you.

It is now certain Sander you are unable to take responsibility for your
own errors and have to therefore feel compelled to again and again
blame other people for your blunders.

I conclude that this story fails simple but important reasonbleness

tests,
and can reasonably be ignored.

Apparently, you are unable to look up information outside the
internet.

Apparently Sander you lack the common sense to humbly admit your errors
and post a correction.

Thanks for demonstrating your obtuseness one more time.

Sander, sometimes I think there might be hope for you, but after the
many times you've pulled childish crap like this, I realize that you're
forever condemned to be a Middius wannabe.

Sander deWaal

"Arny Krueger" said:

Sander deWaal whines:
"Arny Krueger" said:

"Sander deWaal" wrote in message

From a study by researcher Arthur D. Little, called

"Breakthrough",
reprinted in the Dutch magazine "Audio 7 Techniek", January 1993:

Google searching finds zero instances of "Audio 7 Techniek" in the

entire
web and all Usenet newsgroups, going back at least as far as 1993.

Odd that
such an influential magazine would not be referenced, even once.

Look at your keyboard.

On the "7" key there is also a "&" symbol, activated when pressed
together with the "shift" key.

Apparently, you are unable to apply some logical thinking to a minor
typo.

Needless to say, this could be expected from you.

Apparently Sander you are unable to take responsibility for your own
errors and have to therefore feel compelled to blame other people for
your blunders.

Nice revisionist history , LoT;"S!
Apparently Arnold you are unable to apply some logical thinking to a
minor typo, which by its very logical nature should have been
understood by anyone with at least 3 functioning braincells.
Apparently, you have only 2, and they're argueing together the whole
time. ;-)

[...]

It is now clear Arnold that you're living in your own made-up
dreamworld .

Enjoy! ;-)

I conclude that this story fails simple but important reasonbleness

tests,
and can reasonably be ignored.

Apparently, you are unable to look up information outside the
internet.

Apparently Sander you lack the common sense to humbly admit your errors
and post a correction.

Apparently Arnold you lack even the most basic reading skills.
In the above, I explained my typo.

Never mind, since the least I'm concerned about is convincing you from
what the rest of this world already knows.

Enjoy! ;-)

Thanks for demonstrating your obtuseness one more time.

Sander, sometimes I think there might be hope for you, but after the
many times you've pulled childish crap like this, I realize that you're
forever condemned to be a Middius wannabe.

Arnold, in the early days I thought there might be hope for you, but
after the many times offering the olive branch to you, and
subsequently your crapping upon it, I realize that you're forever
condemned to "have fun ;-)" on RAO.

Enjoy! ;-)

--
Sander de Waal