Bob

Default Help:bought Audiophile 2496;sounds just like my SB Live!

I just bought the M-Audio Audiophile 2496, hoping to get better sound
than my Sound Blaster Live. Audiophile is 24 bit, 96 khz. SB is 16
bit, 44.1 khz. In Audobe Audition, I try recording the exact same
thing (a short piano piece) on each card for a back-to-back
comparison, but both recordings sound the same. I have a basic
understanding of bit depth and sample rate, but I don't know how the
bit depth and sample rate of my sound card relates to the BD and SR
that I set my recording session to, and what occurs if I then convert
the BD and SR. So could it have something to do with those settings?
Please let me know, in plain English, when I will be able to hear the
difference between different BD's and SR's, and between these two
sound cards. So much rave about the Audiphile cards, and negativity
towards Sound Blaster, and I can't hear the difference!

Help:bought Audiophile 2496;sounds just like my SB Live! Bob Pro Audio 18 August 22nd 04 04:36 PM
Lyrics for We Live Curious Tech 3 May 25th 04 10:00 PM
M-Audio audiophile 2496 + Serial ATA + WinXP HELP!!!! A59 Pro Audio 8 March 17th 04 11:31 AM
Dec. of brand new AUDIOPHILE AUDITION henry33 Marketplace 0 December 14th 03 02:23 AM
Live Sound Vs Studio Sound FrankDebro1 Pro Audio 155 October 10th 03 06:35 PM