John

Default Old Hollywood subwoofers and in house enclosure

I have two Hollywood 12" subwoofers from 1990 that are in a ported
enclosure. They never worked very good as the box was created based
on fitting in it's designated area in my truck and not based on any
recommended specs. With the right enclosure, these speakers have
kicked. These subwoofers currently have their own crossover to filter
out higher frequencies. I've since replaced the entire system and
have this box laying around. I wanted to change the speakers to be
used with a couple home stereo systems. Questions:

1. Can someone suggest how/where to get plans to build a home
enclosure for these?

2. Can all subwoofers be in a sealed box? These are currently ported.

3. Would I still need the inline crossover that is used in the current
box for these?

4. Will the impediance (4 ohm) for a car versus home system be an
issue?

Thanks.

JR
John

Can't help on this unfortunately. Took it out of it's current
enclosure and other than a C or E 9119 branded on the back of the
subwoofer, there are no markings or models on it. The Subwoofer, if
it helps, has Hollywood branded on the woofer, and the red outer
connecting foam or whatever is red. The rest of the subwoofer is
solid black. It was also probably the first subwoofer Hollywood Sound
Labs made as it was purchased in 1987 or so which I believe is when
they started making product.

JR

cyrus wrote in message ...
In article ,
(John) wrote:

1. Can someone suggest how/where to get plans to build a home
enclosure for these?

Sure. Start with model #'s and/or specs.

2. Can all subwoofers be in a sealed box? These are currently ported.

Almost all, yes. Find some specs.

3. Would I still need the inline crossover that is used in the current
box for these?

Depends on your amp. I would ditch it and use a line level crossover at
or before your sub amp you plan to use.

4. Will the impediance (4 ohm) for a car versus home system be an
issue?

4ohm per or final load? Either way it will depend on the amp you plan to
use.

Thanks.

JR

Scott Johnson

what will be the purpose of these woofers? sub bass for movies or for music?

for movies, i'd run them in 2.5 - 3 ft^3 each. for music 1.5 - 2 ft^3 each;
all sealed enclosures.

om...