Professor Midnite

Default George Bush - Space Cadet!

Former Astronaut Glenn Criticizes Bush Space Plan
By Broward Liston, Reuters

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (March 4) - U.S. space pioneer John Glenn said on Thursday
that President Bush's space exploration plan "pulls the rug out from under our
scientists" and might waste too much money to ever put astronauts on Mars.

"I think we're voluntarily stopping some of the most unique, cutting-edge
research in the history of the whole world."
-John Glenn

Glenn, a retired Democratic senator from Ohio and the first U.S. astronaut to
orbit the Earth, said NASA should not abandon research on the International
Space Station and questioned the advisability of using the moon as a stepping
stone to Mars.

His stinging rebuke of the Bush plan came in testimony before the presidential
commission charged with developing a strategy for building a permanent base on
the moon, then sending astronauts on to Mars. The commission met at
Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Glenn's home state of Ohio.

Arny Krueger

Default John Glenn, a retired Democratic senator...

From: "Professor Midnite"
Subject: George Bush - Space Cadet!
Date: Friday, March 05, 2004 8:28 AM

Former Astronaut Glenn Criticizes Bush Space Plan
By Broward Liston, Reuters

"Glenn, a retired Democratic senator..."

I guess "Professor Midnight" wants us to believe that there is no such thing
as partisan politics.