Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio.tech
J Antero

Default Tape to CD conversion question

I have a lot of music tapes I'd like to convert to CD. Is there any easy way
to do this well?

I've heard there are "blackbox" setups for this that are easier than going
the computer route, is that correct?

Thanks

Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio.tech
David Nebenzahl

J Antero spake thus:

I have a lot of music tapes I'd like to convert to CD. Is there any easy way
to do this well?

I've heard there are "blackbox" setups for this that are easier than going
the computer route, is that correct?

Why do you keep posting the same question? This is the third time.

--
Pierre, mon ami. Jetez encore un Scientologiste
dans le baquet d'acide.

- from a posting in alt.religion.scientology titled
"France recommends dissolving Scientologists"
Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio.tech
AZ Nomad

On Thu, 04 May 2006 21:45:59 GMT, J Antero wrote:

I have a lot of music tapes I'd like to convert to CD. Is there any easy way
to do this well?

I've heard there are "blackbox" setups for this that are easier than going
the computer route, is that correct?

Thanks

I don't know; why don't you post your question another four times?
Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio.tech
Mr.T

"AZ Nomad" wrote in message
On Thu, 04 May 2006 21:45:59 GMT, J Antero wrote:

I have a lot of music tapes I'd like to convert to CD. Is there any easy

way
to do this well?

I've heard there are "blackbox" setups for this that are easier than

going
the computer route, is that correct?

Thanks

I don't know; why don't you post your question another four times?

Is seven the magic number to something?

MrT.

Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio.tech
J Antero

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...
J Antero spake thus:

I have a lot of music tapes I'd like to convert to CD. Is there any easy
way
to do this well?

I've heard there are "blackbox" setups for this that are easier than
going
the computer route, is that correct?

Why do you keep posting the same question? This is the third time.

I didn't - earthlink's NG server was f-ked up all day yesterday and doing
weird things.

Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio.tech
Buzz

"J Antero" a écrit dans le message de news:
t...

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...
J Antero spake thus:

I have a lot of music tapes I'd like to convert to CD. Is there any easy
way
to do this well?

I've heard there are "blackbox" setups for this that are easier than
going
the computer route, is that correct?

Why do you keep posting the same question? This is the third time.

I didn't - earthlink's NG server was f-ked up all day yesterday and doing
weird things.

Look here :
http://www.a-reny.com/iexplorer/restauration.html
You'll find a few answers.

--
Allen Reny
http://www.a-reny.com

Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio.tech
Jeremy

"Buzz" wrote in message

[...]

That is an excellent site, but it references use of an application that has
been bought out by Adobe and has been reissued with a high price tag.

I was able to download the original files but it asks for a username and
password, neither of which I have, so I was not able to do anything with the
software. I am not about to spend big bucks to get the commercial version
from Adobe, and I think that those are also the sentiments of most people on
this NG.

Is there any way to get a username/password, so the freeware version can
continue to be used??

Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio.tech
Buzz

"Jeremy" a écrit dans le message de news: ROn8g.8767$k%2.3411@trnddc03...

"Buzz" wrote in message

[...]

========================

Use the Internet pirate issues
And Google with inspiration.
You can find everything.

--
Allen Reny
http://www.a-reny.com

Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio.tech
Bubba

"J Antero" wrote in message
ink.net...
I have a lot of music tapes I'd like to convert to CD. Is there any easy
way
to do this well?

I've heard there are "blackbox" setups for this that are easier than going
the computer route, is that correct?

Thanks

On a similar topic, I have a separate question.

I have a boom box cassette player which
does not have an RCA out. I tried to take
phono out and plugged into line-in of sound card
to copy tracks onto computer. The volume
level of recorded wav was very low.
Even raising recording level in computer
panel to full did not help.
Is there a way to copy with proper sound level
via phono jack without using a wave editor.

Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio.tech
Richard Crowley

"Bubba" wrote ...
I have a boom box cassette player which
does not have an RCA out. I tried to take
phono out

What is a "phono out" in this context?

and plugged into line-in of sound card
to copy tracks onto computer. The volume
level of recorded wav was very low.
Even raising recording level in computer
panel to full did not help.
Is there a way to copy with proper sound level
via phono jack without using a wave editor.

Note that "RCA" and "phono" (and "cinch") are
all interchangable descriptions for the same type
of connector.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RCA_connector

Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio.tech
Bubba

"Richard Crowley" wrote in message
"Bubba" wrote ...
I have a boom box cassette player which
does not have an RCA out. I tried to take
phono out

What is a "phono out" in this context?

and plugged into line-in of sound card
to copy tracks onto computer. The volume
level of recorded wav was very low.
Even raising recording level in computer
panel to full did not help.
Is there a way to copy with proper sound level
via phono jack without using a wave editor.

Note that "RCA" and "phono" (and "cinch") are all interchangable
descriptions for the same type of connector.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RCA_connector

By phono, I meant output jack for headphones.

Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio.tech

"Bubba" wrote in message

"Richard Crowley" wrote in message
"Bubba" wrote ...
I have a boom box cassette player which
does not have an RCA out. I tried to take
phono out

What is a "phono out" in this context?

and plugged into line-in of sound card
to copy tracks onto computer. The volume
level of recorded wav was very low.
Even raising recording level in computer
panel to full did not help.
Is there a way to copy with proper sound level
via phono jack without using a wave editor.

Note that "RCA" and "phono" (and "cinch") are all interchangable
descriptions for the same type of connector.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RCA_connector

By phono, I meant output jack for headphones.

OOhhhh. That's called a headphone output, not a phono output.

Yes. You can buy a cable that will go from this headphone output to the
input of your sound card, and you can record whatever you hear to a .wav
file on your computer's hard drive. From there it can be burned to a CD.
Is the headphone output jack a 1/4" or a 1/8" jack? The input to the sound
card is almost universally a 1/8" TRS jack. If the headphone output is the
same, you can just buy a cable with plugs on both ends and you're good to
go. If the headphone jack is 1/4" you may have to buy an adapter to go
from 1/4" to 1/8".

Norm Strong

Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio.tech
Bubba

wrote in message
. ..

"Bubba" wrote in message

[...]

Please read my original post. Thatw as all done.
Problem is that the volume level of recorded wave is too low.

Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio.tech
Laurence Payne

Please read my original post. Thatw as all done.
Problem is that the volume level of recorded wave is too low.

You need to present an appropriate level at the input of your sound
card. This is BEFORE any recording software sees the signal, it can't
help you.

Unless you're very fortunate to have a source that sends precisely the
right level, buy a little mixer. Behringer do very cheap but
adequate models.

And locate a better player. Headphone Out of a boom-box isn't good
enough. Get something with a Line Out.
Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio.tech
Mr.T

"Bubba" wrote in message
news
Please read my original post. Thatw as all done.
Problem is that the volume level of recorded wave is too low.

Have you tried turning the volume control on the boombox up? It should be
able to put out sufficient voltage for a soundcard input.

MrT.

Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio.tech
jakdedert

Mr.T wrote:
"Bubba" wrote in message
news
Please read my original post. Thatw as all done.
Problem is that the volume level of recorded wave is too low.

Have you tried turning the volume control on the boombox up? It should be
able to put out sufficient voltage for a soundcard input.

MrT.

It 'should' be able to put out much more than the soundcard input can
handle. Usually the problem with such a setup is getting the level
*down* to something reasonable for the soundcard.

Turn it (the boombox) up....

jak

Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio.tech
Jeff Findley

"jakdedert" wrote in message
. ..
Mr.T wrote:
"Bubba" wrote in message
news
Please read my original post. Thatw as all done.
Problem is that the volume level of recorded wave is too low.

Have you tried turning the volume control on the boombox up? It should be
able to put out sufficient voltage for a soundcard input.

MrT.

It 'should' be able to put out much more than the soundcard input can
handle. Usually the problem with such a setup is getting the level *down*
to something reasonable for the soundcard.

Turn it (the boombox) up....

I agree. I've done this sort of thing in the past. Note also that if you
have "treble" and "bass" controls, or equalizer controls, you should set
them all to the middle position. If you've got a "loudness" switch or "bass
booster" switch on the boom box, I'd turn that off too. In other words,
don't boost or cut anything with a treble, bass, or equalizer.

Jeff
safety"
- B. Franklin, Bartlett's Familiar Quotations (1919)