Posted to rec.audio.tech
Derrick Fawsitt

Default Yamaha CDR-HD1500 HDD + CD-R/RW Digital Audio

Very simply, having had a disastrous failure with my PC burner causing
me lost time and blank CD's, I am considering purchasing the above
Yamaha CDR-HD1500 HDD + CD-R/RW Digital Audio Recorder and fitting it
into my Quad system, can I have your opinions on it please.
--
Derrick Fawsitt
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Barry Mann

In , on 05/29/06
at 10:00 AM, Derrick Fawsitt
said:

Very simply, having had a disastrous failure with my PC burner causing
me lost time and blank CD's, I am considering purchasing the above
Yamaha CDR-HD1500 HDD + CD-R/RW Digital Audio Recorder and fitting it
into my Quad system, can I have your opinions on it please. --

It's mosty an operational thing. The 1500 will function more like an audio cassette machine.

You won't have any software issues with the 1500, but you won't have as many editing options as your computer system had.

When the 1500's drive fails (eventually all drives fail), replacing it will be much harder.

The 1500 is a decent unit.

spam:
wordgame:123(abc):14 9 20 5 2 9 18 4 at 22 15 9 3 5 14 5 20 dot 3 15 13
(Barry Mann)

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Rob

Barry Mann wrote:
In , on 05/29/06
at 10:00 AM, Derrick Fawsitt
said:

Very simply, having had a disastrous failure with my PC burner causing
me lost time and blank CD's, I am considering purchasing the above
Yamaha CDR-HD1500 HDD + CD-R/RW Digital Audio Recorder and fitting it
into my Quad system, can I have your opinions on it please. --

It's mosty an operational thing. The 1500 will function more like an audio cassette machine.

You won't have any software issues with the 1500, but you won't have as many editing options as your computer system had.

When the 1500's drive fails (eventually all drives fail), replacing it will be much harder.

I would suggest that, at least according to the manual, replacing the HD
isn't too difficult. There's a hinged draw on the rear of the unit - the
HD slots into that, no need to dismantle the machine.

More difficult than a cassette, I grant you ;-)

Rob
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Derrick Fawsitt

In message , Rob
writes
Barry Mann wrote:
In , on 05/29/06 at 10:00 AM,
Derrick Fawsitt
said:

[...]

I have cross posted this elsewhere Rob, (as you will have noticed), as I
was not sure which NG was appropriate so I have thanked you all on the
other NG.
My thanks again to you both for the helpful advice.
--
Derrick Fawsitt
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Rob

Barry Mann wrote:
In , on 05/30/06
at 08:52 AM, Rob said:

I would suggest that, at least according to the manual, replacing the HD
isn't too difficult. There's a hinged draw on the rear of the unit - the
HD slots into that, no need to dismantle the machine.

More difficult than a cassette, I grant you ;-)

What about the data? How does one back it up?

Other than to blank audio CDs, no idea I'm afraid. If I was lucky it
would be saved in wav format in neat little partitions, but somehow even
with a fair wind I don't see that happening.

Rob