Rory Calhoun

Default Are these car speakers any good?

They a MOTORJOY 600 WATT 3-WAY 6.5" 6-1/2" CAR SPEAKER PAIR**

I have no idea what they sound like and can't find any info on them,
but I can see
from the pic they have MASSIVE magnets, a rubber surround and poly
woofer cone, plus a separate dome tweeter fixed in the middle of the
woofer. This already makes them a heck of a lot better than the stock
speakers that came with my 93 Toyota Tercel. I'm basically looking for
reasonably priced speakers that provide a full range of sound (to
offset the fact that the Clarion stereo does not have an EQ).

I know they are a no-name Korean brand, but is there anything better
for around this price or what?
Kevin McMurtrie

(Rory Calhoun) wrote:

They a MOTORJOY 600 WATT 3-WAY 6.5" 6-1/2" CAR SPEAKER PAIR**

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...5769412 858&r
d=1

I have no idea what they sound like and can't find any info on them,
but I can see
from the pic they have MASSIVE magnets, a rubber surround and poly
woofer cone, plus a separate dome tweeter fixed in the middle of the
woofer. This already makes them a heck of a lot better than the stock
speakers that came with my 93 Toyota Tercel. I'm basically looking for
reasonably priced speakers that provide a full range of sound (to
offset the fact that the Clarion stereo does not have an EQ).

I know they are a no-name Korean brand, but is there anything better
for around this price or what?

Give me a break. I doubt they could handle 50W without falling apart.
The magnet is clearly a fake cap and that's not even Motorjoy's product
or logo. Motorjoy makes cheap OEM audio equipment, like the factory
speakers you intend to throw out.

Just pick some out from the Crutchfield online catalog. They carry
known brands, show legitimate specifications, and cover a quality/price
range suitable for most everybody.
Pelufo

BTW, here's a Crutchfield deal for newbies:
Enter pgt1d-auv4u-uw1kd into the ref*. code and receive $20 off, and
enter "promotion code PA166" into the "special instructions" box, and
receive another $20 off. The order will reflect the $20 ref*. code
discount initially, but the order details emailed to you and amount
charged to your card will indeed have the full $40 off.
The PA166 will give anyone $20 off, the first code only works for new
customers.

Kevin McMurtrie wrote:
In article ,
(Rory Calhoun) wrote:

[...]

What does that discount apply to? You mean if I buy a $60 pair of
speakers, I can get them for $20? If I buy a $40 pair, they're free?!

Pelufo

Sorry, didn't know the price of the spoeakers, I think the offer
applies only to purchases over $200.