Posted to rec.audio.pro
Deputy Dumbya Dawg[_4_] Deputy Dumbya Dawg[_4_] is offline

Default Great Recording Book - Geoff Emerick - Recording the Beatles

Hey yall:

I am reading a book I think you would love. It is kinda in the
style of a big tape-op
interview. Fan ****ing Tastic. I actually heard about it in
tape op and saw it in Barns and
Nobel and picked it up for $15.00

Here There and Everywhere - My life recording the Beatles.
by Geoff Emerick.

I got my first little AWIA 2" reel to reel (size of reel not
tape) and an FM clock
radio when Paperback Writer (page 125 ish) came out on the
radio. I was around 10-11
years old. I remember recording that song and playing it over
and over until the
batteries were so low that even turning the reels with my
fingers ( no capstan) there
was not enough power for the earphone.

Love this book.

peace