Zoom H4n Replacement

Old September 19th 19, 06:22 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Michael Beacom[_4_]

Default Zoom H4n Replacement

Thanks again for the suggestions-

I went the smaller route, and bought a Tascam DR-44WL on ebay for a
good price. It came with the 1 Gig SD card, and it sounded like the
original owner tinkered around with it a couple of times and sold it.
Its biggest fault is a little missing paint on the microphone gaurds.

I'll take it to a swing jam tomorrow night and see if they will let me record.

Cheers,
Mike

Old September 19th 19, 12:25 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers[_2_]

On 9/19/2019 1:22 AM, Michael Beacom wrote:
> bought a Tascam DR-44WL on ebay for a good price. It came with the 1 Gig
> SD card, and it sounded like the original owner tinkered around with it
> a couple of times and sold it. Its biggest fault is a little missing
> paint on the microphone gaurds.

You can have fun with that. Hopefully the scraped paint doesn't mean he
dropped it, but it'll probably survive anyway. Remember that a 24-bit 48
kHz stereo file is about a gigabyte an hour. Get yourself a few 32 GB
cards. They're about $6 these days - a whole lot cheaper than when we
used to say "tape is cheap."

Zoom H6 Gary Eickmeier Pro Audio 323 September 22nd 14 01:43 PM
Zoom H2n Gary Eickmeier High End Audio 4 March 4th 12 09:39 PM
Zoom H2n Gary Eickmeier High End Audio 5 February 29th 12 11:50 PM
Zoom H2? Bill Peters Pro Audio 3 December 14th 10 06:04 AM