A Audio and hi-fi forum. AudioBanter

Go Back   Home » AudioBanter forum » rec.audio » Car Audio
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Are these car speakers any good?



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old April 22nd 05, 04:10 AM
Rory Calhoun
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Are these car speakers any good?

They a MOTORJOY 600 WATT 3-WAY 6.5" 6-1/2" CAR SPEAKER PAIR**

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...9412 858&rd=1

I have no idea what they sound like and can't find any info on them,
but I can see
from the pic they have MASSIVE magnets, a rubber surround and poly
woofer cone, plus a separate dome tweeter fixed in the middle of the
woofer. This already makes them a heck of a lot better than the stock
speakers that came with my 93 Toyota Tercel. I'm basically looking for
reasonably priced speakers that provide a full range of sound (to
offset the fact that the Clarion stereo does not have an EQ).

I know they are a no-name Korean brand, but is there anything better
for around this price or what?
Ads
  #2  
Old April 22nd 05, 06:22 AM
Kevin McMurtrie
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

In article >,
(Rory Calhoun) wrote:

> They a MOTORJOY 600 WATT 3-WAY 6.5" 6-1/2" CAR SPEAKER PAIR**
>
>
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...5769412 858&r
> d=1
>
> I have no idea what they sound like and can't find any info on them,
> but I can see
> from the pic they have MASSIVE magnets, a rubber surround and poly
> woofer cone, plus a separate dome tweeter fixed in the middle of the
> woofer. This already makes them a heck of a lot better than the stock
> speakers that came with my 93 Toyota Tercel. I'm basically looking for
> reasonably priced speakers that provide a full range of sound (to
> offset the fact that the Clarion stereo does not have an EQ).
>
> I know they are a no-name Korean brand, but is there anything better
> for around this price or what?


Give me a break. I doubt they could handle 50W without falling apart.
The magnet is clearly a fake cap and that's not even Motorjoy's product
or logo. Motorjoy makes cheap OEM audio equipment, like the factory
speakers you intend to throw out.

Just pick some out from the Crutchfield online catalog. They carry
known brands, show legitimate specifications, and cover a quality/price
range suitable for most everybody.
  #3  
Old April 22nd 05, 10:03 PM
Pelufo
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

BTW, here's a Crutchfield deal for newbies:
Enter pgt1d-auv4u-uw1kd into the ref*. code and receive $20 off, and
enter "promotion code PA166" into the "special instructions" box, and
receive another $20 off. The order will reflect the $20 ref*. code
discount initially, but the order details emailed to you and amount
charged to your card will indeed have the full $40 off.
The PA166 will give anyone $20 off, the first code only works for new
customers.


Kevin McMurtrie wrote:
> In article >,
> (Rory Calhoun) wrote:
>
> > They a MOTORJOY 600 WATT 3-WAY 6.5" 6-1/2" CAR SPEAKER PAIR**
> >
> >

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...5769412 858&r
> > d=1
> >
> > I have no idea what they sound like and can't find any info on

them,
> > but I can see
> > from the pic they have MASSIVE magnets, a rubber surround and poly
> > woofer cone, plus a separate dome tweeter fixed in the middle of

the
> > woofer. This already makes them a heck of a lot better than the

stock
> > speakers that came with my 93 Toyota Tercel. I'm basically looking

for
> > reasonably priced speakers that provide a full range of sound (to
> > offset the fact that the Clarion stereo does not have an EQ).
> >
> > I know they are a no-name Korean brand, but is there anything

better
> > for around this price or what?

>
> Give me a break. I doubt they could handle 50W without falling

apart.
> The magnet is clearly a fake cap and that's not even Motorjoy's

product
> or logo. Motorjoy makes cheap OEM audio equipment, like the factory
> speakers you intend to throw out.
>
> Just pick some out from the Crutchfield online catalog. They carry
> known brands, show legitimate specifications, and cover a

quality/price
> range suitable for most everybody.


  #4  
Old April 22nd 05, 10:42 PM
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

What does that discount apply to? You mean if I buy a $60 pair of
speakers, I can get them for $20? If I buy a $40 pair, they're free?!

  #5  
Old April 28th 05, 07:52 PM
Pelufo
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Sorry, didn't know the price of the spoeakers, I think the offer
applies only to purchases over $200.

wrote:
> What does that discount apply to? You mean if I buy a $60 pair of
> speakers, I can get them for $20? If I buy a $40 pair, they're free?!


 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Few Thoughts on Bose [email protected] Audio Opinions 1 February 27th 05 03:59 AM
Some Recording Techniques kevindoylemusic Pro Audio 19 February 16th 05 08:54 PM
rec.audio.car FAQ (Part 4/5) Ian D. Bjorhovde Car Audio 0 March 6th 04 07:54 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 AudioBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.