Raymond Koonce

Default Crosley 45s

Hi RATs,

I haven't posted in a while, lots of work, the "awl bidness" is good
here (for the time being).

I just scored a pair of Crosley 245s from a good guy over on r.a.r+p and
tried 'em out in my Simple 45. Nice tubes!! The pair I have is a
little mismatched, but they sure do sound good! They have an
interesting structure, sort of like a 27 on steroids triangular
arrangement as compared to the RCA types. I'm listening with a Teac CD
and a pair of "Al Marcy Happy Ears Special Cheap TQWT Speaks" (I know
Al, you've graduated to lots better stuff, but these still sound good
for what they are.) augmented with a 50W KLH subwoofer. Sounds good
with Enya, Merle Haggard (It's Not Love, But It's Not Bad) and Ry Cooder
(Mambo Sinuendo).

Best regards to all.

Raymond