Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] JamesGangNC@gmail.com is offline

Default JVC RX-515V Receiver - Blown Center Channel

On Thursday, June 19, 2014 9:40:14 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Wednesday, June 18, 2014 5:41:56 PM UTC-4, wrote:

I'm curious what you consider a "shipload" of analog audio/video equipment that you are using?

____

I'm not going to answer that. Do some research on what folks at home might have been playing music and movies back on 15, 20, 30 years ago.

smh...

I was around then so I don't really need to. Just curious how much of it you really needed? Can't you consolidate to fewer formats? Even if you are unwilling to digitize it all, I'm still thinking you can get the count down some. Video is always a choir but it's not so bad to switch to digital for the audio stuff. You can make the case even just based on the fact that analog has a fairly short life expectancy and digital is forever.

Then you could probably support selected pieces of your older gear as well as newer stuff. Another option would be to get an extra analog switch like these http://r.ebay.com/wRs7oZ