David

Default What software to open a .rec file

My MP3 player can record voice, but only in a file extention of .rec.
Real Player and Windows Media player dont reconize this format, what
software should I use to play a .rec file?

Thanks

David Bevan

http://www.davidbevan.co.uk
Ionizer

"David" wrote in message
om...
My MP3 player can record voice, but only in a file extention of .rec.
Real Player and Windows Media player dont reconize this format, what
software should I use to play a .rec file?

Do you have a choice of file formats when you save the file from the mp3
player to your hard drive?

--
Ian.

Richard Crowley

"David" wrote ...
My MP3 player can record voice, but only in a file extention
of .rec. Real Player and Windows Media player dont reconize
this format, what software should I use to play a .rec file?

It would be far more likely that someone could help you if you
provided the context of the make/model of your MP3 player.
Many of these kinds of things use proprietary or semi-obscure
formats, but can translate to wav, mp3, etc upon upload (etc.)

Robert Gault

David wrote:

My MP3 player can record voice, but only in a file extention of .rec.
Real Player and Windows Media player dont reconize this format, what
software should I use to play a .rec file?

Thanks

David Bevan

http://www.davidbevan.co.uk

Check your registry. My registry has .rec assigned to RealPlayer.
(Default) "RealPlayer.REC.1"
Content Type "application/vnd.rn-recording"

David

Thanks, its an I River - iFP-190TC

David Bevan

http://www.davidbevan.co.uk

"Richard Crowley" wrote in message ...
"David" wrote ...
My MP3 player can record voice, but only in a file extention
of .rec. Real Player and Windows Media player dont reconize
this format, what software should I use to play a .rec file?

It would be far more likely that someone could help you if you
provided the context of the make/model of your MP3 player.
Many of these kinds of things use proprietary or semi-obscure
formats, but can translate to wav, mp3, etc upon upload (etc.)

David

The .rec file is already associated with RealOnePlayer, but it doesnt recognise it.

David Bevan

http://www.davidbevan.co.uk

Robert Gault wrote in message ...
David wrote:

My MP3 player can record voice, but only in a file extention of .rec.
Real Player and Windows Media player dont reconize this format, what
software should I use to play a .rec file?

Thanks

David Bevan

http://www.davidbevan.co.uk

Check your registry. My registry has .rec assigned to RealPlayer.
(Default) "RealPlayer.REC.1"
Content Type "application/vnd.rn-recording"

Robert Gault

David wrote:

The .rec file is already associated with RealOnePlayer, but it doesnt recognise it.

David Bevan
snip

Then that file must be of a different format. Do a Google search for
".rec file" and you will get many hits all assigned to different programs.