Mr Lee

Default Microtrack 24/96 battery life issues?!

I was really excited to get my hands on this thing after waiting so
long for it. For the most part it's great but I have some major
concerns about the battery life. I fully charged the new unit and it
lasted 2.5 hours recording using the provided electret condenser (ie.
without phantom). This is about half of what the documentation and
website claim. If you are walking around in the field constantly
booting on and off it lasts considerably less. Add to that the
inevitable battery decline and I'm very concerned - I will probably
take mine back for a refund. Apparently this is a known issue and will
be rectified in a firmware update but I have never heard of a firmware
update increasing battery life by 100%. Is anyone seeing better
performance?

johnny high note

Same battery woes here, I thought it was my microdrive but had same
issue with a CF card.
What the ___k? Hardly any of the functions work the way they should -
let alone great; I'd settle for it just performing the way they said
it would.
Mine is likely going back. They won't even return my email questions.
it's b___sh_t and a POS