Mondoslug1

Default Cd Burner bjorked

So nothing I'm burning on the CD player in my PC is playing in the car these
days..........usually 1/2 of the ones I burn work - have tried a few different
brands of CDs......is my PC burner screwed?
Danny Taddei

are you sure you didn't switch the setting over to data? That is my
normal bone head move

Mondoslug1 wrote:
So nothing I'm burning on the CD player in my PC is playing in the car these
days..........usually 1/2 of the ones I burn work - have tried a few different
brands of CDs......is my PC burner screwed?

Ricky W. Hunt

"Mondoslug1" wrote in message
So nothing I'm burning on the CD player in my PC is playing in the car

these
days..........usually 1/2 of the ones I burn work - have tried a few

different
brands of CDs......is my PC burner screwed?

How do they play on players other than your car?

Geoff Wood

Mondoslug1 wrote:
So nothing I'm burning on the CD player in my PC is playing in the
car these days..........usually 1/2 of the ones I burn work - have
tried a few different brands of CDs......is my PC burner screwed?

No. Car players are the worst type for compatibility with CD-Rs. Some
media may work better than others.

Next worst players are domestic 'changer' type carousel players.

geoff

Mondoslug1

Rob R. wrote:

wrote:

Andy, if the CD player in your car is an older one (don't know if it is),
and you're burning your CD's really hot (don't know if you are), then that
could be the problem... I remember a thread here perhaps a year ago that
mentioned something about older CD players not being able to handle CD's
that didn't have at least a dB or so headroom.
--

I highly doubt that.

Rob R.

I did a few less dbs & it worked but then it went back to being screwed. I
think it's had it's day. I've changed different brands of CDs, varied the burn
times, different burn programs and still the same problem - some work some
don't. It's worse than it's ever been though.

Me at:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/andymostmusic.htm

8X DVD Burner? Blind Joni Pro Audio 44 September 16th 04 04:10 AM
toast can't find my burner Zoot Pro Audio 2 March 12th 04 08:37 PM
CD Burner Geoley Pro Audio 5 November 19th 03 03:41 AM
FS or Trade Glyph/Sony AIT Backup System and Glyph Firewire CD Burner Joshua David Pro Audio 0 October 12th 03 07:46 PM
WTB SCSI CD burner in Bay Area Myles Boisen Pro Audio 0 September 15th 03 10:46 PM