Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default It's "the will of the people". Turn out the lights in Texas.

Can this be happening again? Are "the people", in their untrammeled
wisdom, about to send Texas spinning back into the 19th century?

School board chairman Don McLeroy has wanted to tackle questions that
highlight supposed weaknesses in the theory [of evolution].

For example, skeptics of evolution point to what they contend are fossil
record gaps casting doubt on the scientific evidence of common ancestry.

"I'm a skeptic. I'm an evolution skeptic. I don't think it's true," he
said. "You need to present other ideas to the kids."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/03/25/texas.evolution.teaching/index.html

RAO's adherent to mindless mantras needs to consider how far toward the
dark side "the will of the people" should be able to lead us.

"This specific attack on well-established science ignores mountains of
evidence and years of research done by experts in a variety of fields,"
said Steven Newton, project director at the Oakland California-based
National Center for Science Education, a proponent of evolution.

Where's the dutiful obeisance to "God"? No wonder "the people" are
rising up against this plague of intellectualism.

woof!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
George M. Middius wrote:

School board chairman Don McLeroy has wanted to tackle questions that
highlight supposed weaknesses in the theory [of evolution].

No, he's not a dyslectic relative.

Stephen