Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   Report Post  
Posted to rec.audio.pro
external usenet poster

Default People Don't Listen To Music - Turn Down Sony or Turn Down Day?

Sony issued some "budget" multiple CD compilations, various artist. They had their "boys" remix some songs. I must say, their choice of "boys" is poor.. Vic A. a Battery "Mastering" Studios (formerly Sony Studios) is one of the worst, as well as Bob Irwin of Sundazed. Some of their "premier" stereo mixes are pathetic.

Maybe you know this US Top 40 song by The Cyrkle, "Turn Down Day", 1966, I quickly noticed something was wrong. Yes, after the lyrics, "..children playing.." that drum riff should not have been included [it was a flop]. This tells me Sony hires people who really don't even know the songs Sony publishes!!!

Edited:

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...s/turndown.mp3

Jack