Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Gradual speed/pitch correction???

I have some old recordings, usually with a few analog tape generations,
that sometimes need speed/pitch correction.

I use Cool Edit Pro's Pitch Bender function, and adjust the speed/pitch
by comparing to a guitar tuned to A=440. This is pretty straight
forward when one constant adjustment is required, but I've noticed that
some recordings are not off by one constant speed. They sometimes get
more or less sharp/flat as they progress, such as if a tape
recorder/player somewhere in the lineage was gradually running out of
battery power over the course of the recording.

So, is there a way to increase or decrease the speed of a wav file
gradually over the length of the wav using Cool Edit Pro? Has anyone
done this?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
DeeAa

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have some old recordings, usually with a few analog tape generations,
that sometimes need speed/pitch correction.

I use Cool Edit Pro's Pitch Bender function, and adjust the speed/pitch
by comparing to a guitar tuned to A=440. This is pretty straight
forward when one constant adjustment is required, but I've noticed that
some recordings are not off by one constant speed. They sometimes get
more or less sharp/flat as they progress, such as if a tape
recorder/player somewhere in the lineage was gradually running out of
battery power over the course of the recording.

So, is there a way to increase or decrease the speed of a wav file
gradually over the length of the wav using Cool Edit Pro? Has anyone
done this?

I once did a somewhat similar project involving a 'remix' of a song that was
played with a very 'natural' rhythm .
So in order to get in running neatly over a drum machine, I chopped the song
in abut 50 or 70 or so parts starting from peaks, and set those peaks at the
drumbeats, after which I lenghthened or shortened the data in between.
Worked fine. Guess it could be done in your case too, albeit a bit laborious
if you have more songs. One song, not too bug a task, but doing it over and
over again would be a major bore.