seb

Default harrison 4832 please help

Ok heres my probleme,
I am looking to find a new console for about 6500 euros.
I have found a harrison 4832 optifil automation, amek 2500, amek big
28 channels, saje odessey 2 32 channels,
soundcraft 6000 32 channels, and thats about it... At first i was set
for the soundcraft the price was interesting : 3000 euros. But whene i
called the shop the guy told me that it was not the best sounding
mic pres.
So he suggested the amek ( 6500 euros), it's supposed to be the best
(old
console)sounding amek, but they will not verify it, it is sold as
is... I think it's a very big risk, no?
Amek big big 28 (4500 euros)seems nice but not big enought for client
interest....
The saje ( 5300 euros) is a frenche brand, If anyone has some
information on this console...
Someone told me it was the quality of a Midas.
But the thing is that i have found the Harrison ( 6500 euros ) and it
drives me crazy... it seems that people love it or hate it, cant get
any information on it and harrison gml has no information either. I
read bruce sweaden has
one but nobody knows of whats really in it, neves, api's...and he can
aford any repairs on it.
So whats this console really worth in turms of quality, and money ?
The seller told me he paid 200000 euros for it 18 years ago, is that
possible ? and if the console is in good condition am i making a good
deal, is it hard to resell if im not pleased with it?
I mainly record new pop rock (linkin park, placebo), is it good for
this?

I also was looking for another possibility using high classe mic pre
amps ( avalon, neves, api's) and monitoring threw a digital console (
02r), this i think in
termes of quality is the best solution for tracking, but my maine
conserne here is to loose in quality whene i mix threw the 02r.

I would really be greatfull if someone could help me out.