Peter

Default Universal Disc Player

Does anyone perhaps know if a Universal Disc Player that will play CDs,
SACDs, and DVD-As, but that does not incorporate DVD, i.e. not function as a
DVD player, is available?

I am very interested in all three audio formats, but I do not want the extra
video circuitry.

Rich.Andrews

"Peter" wrote in
nk.net:

Does anyone perhaps know if a Universal Disc Player that will play CDs,
SACDs, and DVD-As, but that does not incorporate DVD, i.e. not function
as a DVD player, is available?

I am very interested in all three audio formats, but I do not want the
extra video circuitry.

AFAIK, there is no player out there that does not have the video
circuitry. It is part of the spec for DVD, IIRC. Besides, the
manufacturing costs for the video portion is between $8.00-$20.00
depending on the player. I do however understand what your desire for a
player without video as the setup of a player requires a monitor.

normanstrong

"Peter" wrote in message
nk.net...
Does anyone perhaps know if a Universal Disc Player that will play

CDs,
SACDs, and DVD-As, but that does not incorporate DVD, i.e. not

function as a
DVD player, is available?

I am very interested in all three audio formats, but I do not want

the extra
video circuitry.

Who would be the market for such a unit--other than "Peter?"

Norm Strong

Universal Disc Player Peter General 2 May 21st 04 06:07 AM
Opinion on universal player brunoman Audio Opinions 1 April 18th 04 08:15 PM
FA: Sony XR-CA330 & CDX-757MX XPLOD - combo deal - cassette & CD 10 disc player! WingDings General 0 January 26th 04 06:32 AM
FA: Sony XR-CA330 & CDX-757MX XPLOD - combo deal - cassette & CD 10 disc player! WingDings Car Audio 0 January 26th 04 06:32 AM
6 disc in-dash player only plays singles? Mostly Harmless Car Audio 0 August 27th 03 05:00 AM