Michael Zoladkiewicz

Default Kenwood Vs. Clarion

Which manufacturer has the better quality. I like the fact that Clarion has
a two yr. warranty where the Kenwood only has a 1 yr. I'm getting a new HU
and my two options are Clarion DXZ555MP or the Kenwood KDC-MP5028. I know
there are many more options out there but these are my two. What do you
suggest?

Sean

On
Which manufacturer has the better quality. I like the fact that Clarion has
a two yr. warranty where the Kenwood only has a 1 yr. I'm getting a new HU
and my two options are Clarion DXZ555MP or the Kenwood KDC-MP5028. I know
there are many more options out there but these are my two. What do you
suggest?

Back in the day, Kenwood was one of the best. Nowadays, they've gone way
downhill, and I wouldn't even consider buying a Kenwood. With that in mind,
go with the Clarion.

Sean

On
On
Which manufacturer has the better quality. I like the fact that Clarion

has
a two yr. warranty where the Kenwood only has a 1 yr. I'm getting a new

HU
and my two options are Clarion DXZ555MP or the Kenwood KDC-MP5028. I

know
there are many more options out there but these are my two. What do you
suggest?

Back in the day, Kenwood was one of the best. Nowadays, they've gone way
downhill, and I wouldn't even consider buying a Kenwood. With that in

mind,
go with the Clarion.

Blah blah blah...

Blah blah, blah blah blah?
MZ

Back in the day, Kenwood was one of the best. Nowadays, they've gone
way
downhill, and I wouldn't even consider buying a Kenwood. With that in

mind,
go with the Clarion.

Blah blah blah...

Blah blah, blah blah blah?

What are you basing your assertion on?

smoove

Just buy an Alpine instead. Kenwoods MP3 functions aren't as nice. And I
don't like clarion. both clarion and kenwood have been the top picks in the
past. Right now I would go Alpine all day.

"MZ" wrote in message
Back in the day, Kenwood was one of the best. Nowadays, they've gone

way
downhill, and I wouldn't even consider buying a Kenwood. With that in
mind,
go with the Clarion.

Blah blah blah...

Blah blah, blah blah blah?

What are you basing your assertion on?

Sean

On
Back in the day, Kenwood was one of the best. Nowadays, they've gone

way
downhill, and I wouldn't even consider buying a Kenwood. With that in
mind,
go with the Clarion.

Blah blah blah...

Blah blah, blah blah blah?

What are you basing your assertion on?

I'm not saying Kenwood is crap now, although looking back on my post, it could
be viewed as that. They're just not one of the best right now.
MZ

What are you basing your assertion on?

I'm not saying Kenwood is crap now, although looking back on my post, it could
be viewed as that. They're just not one of the best right now.

And what are you basing your assertion on?
MZ

I'm not saying Kenwood is crap now, although looking back on my post, it could
be viewed as that. They're just not one of the best right now.

And what are you basing your assertion on?

Not experience, just what I've heard from some other audio guys. Hey,
they might be wrong, but they know more about this stuff than I do.

So you don't really know if it's true, huh? I don't know that it's wise
to dissuade people from buying things as a result of third party advice.
Who knows where the "audio guys" heard it?

Kirby

In my opinion, these are probably two of the best brands for a head unit. If
oyu cant afford much, they both have units that will suit you, same if you
want the best out there. I actually had to chose between my Kenwood 789, and
the Clarion touchscreen. I chose the kenwood as I saved over $130 and lost
very few of the features. And as for my two cents, I HATE alpine units. I
have to admit, they probably are one of the best companies for them as well,
but I've never liked them what-so-ever, but it is MY opinion through use and
my knowledge. Maybe you should me basing your opinions on what YOU know
about the brands, not what others know.

"Sean" wrote in message
On
Back in the day, Kenwood was one of the best. Nowadays, they've

gone
way
downhill, and I wouldn't even consider buying a Kenwood. With that

in
mind,
go with the Clarion.

Blah blah blah...

Blah blah, blah blah blah?

What are you basing your assertion on?

I'm not saying Kenwood is crap now, although looking back on my post, it

could
be viewed as that. They're just not one of the best right now.

MZ

In my opinion, these are probably two of the best brands for a head unit.
If
oyu cant afford much, they both have units that will suit you, same if you
want the best out there. I actually had to chose between my Kenwood 789,

and
the Clarion touchscreen. I chose the kenwood as I saved over $130 and lost
very few of the features. And as for my two cents, I HATE alpine units. I
have to admit, they probably are one of the best companies for them as

well,
but I've never liked them what-so-ever, but it is MY opinion through use

and
my knowledge. Maybe you should me basing your opinions on what YOU know
about the brands, not what others know.

Well said, Kirby.

FWIW, I haven't owned a head unit made within the last 4 or 5 years. I've
used some, in friends' vehicles for example, but none of them were really
outstanding. I love the functionality, looks, and user friendliness of some
of the Nak units, even though they're mired in reliability concerns. I have
a CD45z in my closet, and that's where it will stay until I find someone
dumb enough to take it off my hands. I still have an older (~5-7 yrs?)
Eclipse HU that was excellent, and lacked only the AUX IN that the Nakamichi
has, but exceeded it in every other department. Other than that, all of the
units I've owned have been quite good and come from a variety of
manufacturers, like Alpine, Pioneer, Kenwood, and RF. The past few years, I
just haven't used a head unit because I don't see the point. Laptops and
ITX machines are cheap and easy enough to implement these days, even if you
want to go screenless. I'm still shocked at the industry's apparent
reluctance to move towards hard drive based units.

Whatever new unit Tony F has been crowing about seems to be feature-rich.
I've said for years that one of the main differences between a good and a
great head unit is the amount of signal processing it incorporates. Without
remembering the specifics, it seems that his unit does everything you need -
extensive filtering, time alignment, etc. If it had 7 or more output
channels and individual level control of each channel, I'd say it's close to
perfection. Frankly, I just don't see the point of the typical 2- or
4-channel featureless head unit for a "high end" audio system, unless you've
got some sort of outboard processor in addition that you can control from
the driver's seat. Yeah, I'm also high on in-dash (not trunk mount) EQs. I
find it amazing to me that everyone's music material appears to be recorded
so similarly that they don't have to compensate with an EQ. Hell, some
people even get by without a sub level control. Oh well. Que sera sera.

Matt

what about the better (expensive) pioneer units? good or crap?

Am thinking of getting a new deck soon ..

Matt

Vivek Kapoor

I think you are getting the wrong way. The HU, amp, speaker are not to be
looked as if they is good or bad. it is the combination that matters. For
example if your amp is having ample processors on board (crossover for each
channel), then a high end HU of brand xxx is crap for you.

Refer to MZ's last post.

--
The best is yet to come

"Matt" wrote in message
ups.com...
what about the better (expensive) pioneer units? good or crap?

Am thinking of getting a new deck soon ..

Matt

Tony F

"Whatever new unit Tony F has been crowing about seems to be feature-rich."

Ha Ha you beat me to it, Mark.

I am absolutley loving the HELL out of my Clarion!!! But...it is one
expensive piece of equipment. I would not recommend it to everyone for this
reason. There are many other units out there that will do most of the
things mine will for a lot less money. On the other hand, if you have the
money to spend...

Tony

--
2001 Nissan Maxima SE Anniversary Edition
Clarion DRZ9255 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and Xenon X1200.1

2001 Chevy S10 ZR2
Pioneer DEH-P9600MP Head Unit, Phoenix Gold Ti500.4 Amp, Focal 165HC
Speakers & Image Dynamics ID8 D4 v.3 Sub

MORE.DBs

kenwood in my opinion dont make great soundin subs but their hu's and
amps are pretty sweet..

i would go with clarion

--
MORE.DBs
MORE.DBs's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=36398

JSmith1977

I just bought a refurb DXZ655MP for $130 bucks and got a three-year
warranty with it. As much trouble as I've had with Kenwood in the
past, I couldn't pass up that deal, considering, I was planning on
buying a brand new one for $300. As a matter of fact, I'm probably
going to buy another one to put in my truck to replace the Kenwood
that's in it. I'm not saying that one is necessarily better than the
other, even though I do, in fact, believe one to be superior to the
other. It's all just a matter of what you want out of the unit and
what you're willing to spend.

--
JSmith1977
JSmith1977's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=36452

Gregory Kleverlaan

"Matt" wrote in message
ups.com...
what about the better (expensive) pioneer units? good or crap?

Am thinking of getting a new deck soon ..

Matt

I own A Pioneer and Clarion head units. The Pioneers are by far much more
user friendly than Clarions. Based on New Prices. get a higher end Pioneer
or an entry level Clarion.

bob wald

i'm sorry but blaupunkt-n-jvc receivers beat
clarion/pioneer....

bob wald

meant kenwood/clarion. pioneer 2