John

Default Why?

Every day, I hear more and more people with thumping bass coming from
their car. Can somebody please explain the appeal of blasting your
music/bass so loud I can hear it when you're 10 cars behind/in front
of me? Why do you feel the need to make ME listen to your music? 10,
20, 30 years from now when your hearing is permanently damaged and you
need public assistance to purchase a hearing device, you better hope
I'm not your elected official cause I'll tell ya to **** up a rope.

At what age do you grow out of driving the rice burner with a 50,000
WATT bass speaker and get a minivan and drive your kids to soccer
practice? (ie "grow up and act your age") Or do you always stay a
white trash wigger?

Since I'm on the subject, why do you white boys from the 'burbs blast
your gangsta rap? Can you relate to it or does it make you feel 'bad'?

So please explain the appeal of forcing others to hear the thump thump
thump thump from 1/2 mile away. (You all play the same song, make that
*beat*. No words just thump thump thump thump). WTF is with that?
Kirby

When people say "grow up and act your age", they should really think of
doing it themselves. Instead of bitching to other people about them, find
something good to do, or invent something that doesnt allow sound in your
car. And you can also compare that "thump thump thump thump" to anything
else in the world. This is called noise pollution. So if you want me to get
on your ass, I could tell you to quit ****ing me off when I can smell your
car burning gas 10 car lengths ahead of me, go buy an electric car. All your
going to do with getting on peoples asses, is get a hell of a lot more
people on your ass. And many of the people here, like me, just like a nice
sounding stereo to be able to listen to, so we cant here the back-firing of
your AMC Pacer. Next time, go bitch somewhere else.

"John" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Tony Fernandes

I don't know why.

I also don't know why so many people on this newsgroup get so ****ed off
when someone asks a question like you just did.

I say everyone needs to have some respect for everyone else on this planet.
That includes playing your stereo so loud that it rattles the cars all aound
you.

Tony

--
Sony CDX C90 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and ZX500 Amplifiers,
Phoenix Gold EQ-232 30-Band EQ, Dynaudio System 360 Tri-Amped In Front and
"John" wrote in message
om...
[...]

If someone was playing the same song as you just 10 notches louder,
would you still complain? Maybe the real issue is that we just don't
like the music others listen to and the fact that it can be heard a
couple cars away just amplifies that. What ever happened to rolling up
our windows?

BTW, do loud motorcycles fall under the same umbrella? Does it make 40+
year old men feel "bad". Food for thought.

Tony Fernandes wrote:

I don't know why.

I also don't know why so many people on this newsgroup get so ****ed off
when someone asks a question like you just did.

I say everyone needs to have some respect for everyone else on this planet.
That includes playing your stereo so loud that it rattles the cars all aound
you.

Tony

John

Last time I checked, most cities, including the one I'm in, have
levels for noise pollution. Go over the level and get a ticket from
the police. You say you like a nice sounding stereo. But answer my
question.... WHY SO LOUD? Can you not hear it when it's turned up a
little bit? Why should I be forced to hear your music 10 cars away,
vibrating my internal organs? I'm all for rolling up your windows and
enjoying a song but jesus man, why the need to pack your CRX with a
street value of $250 with $2,000+ worth of speakers? I think it comes
down to a single thing.... wanting attention. What's wrong, daddy run
out on you and mom living in your 8 Mile trailer park? Unless you have
severe hearing loss, nobody needs 1000 WATT speakers and enough bass
to bust kidney stones. The *ONLY* thing you're doing is drawing
attention to yourself. You want noticed. Like I said, when are you
going to grow up? 25? 30? Or be a terminal wigger?

"Kirby" wrote in message news:J8m_c.315478$J06.273508@pd7tw2no...
When people say "grow up and act your age", they should really think of
doing it themselves. Instead of bitching to other people about them, find
something good to do, or invent something that doesnt allow sound in your
car. And you can also compare that "thump thump thump thump" to anything
else in the world. This is called noise pollution. So if you want me to get
on your ass, I could tell you to quit ****ing me off when I can smell your
car burning gas 10 car lengths ahead of me, go buy an electric car. All your
going to do with getting on peoples asses, is get a hell of a lot more
people on your ass. And many of the people here, like me, just like a nice
sounding stereo to be able to listen to, so we cant here the back-firing of
your AMC Pacer. Next time, go bitch somewhere else.

"John" wrote in message
om...
[...]

MZ

Last time I checked, most cities, including the one I'm in, have
levels for noise pollution. Go over the level and get a ticket from
the police.

If only it really worked that way...

The fact of the matter is that there are indeed some noise ordinances in
many cities, but they're rarely enforced and when they are it's entirely
inconsistent. For example, most motorcycles or large trucks are louder than
these stereo systems that you abhor. Rarely are these vehicles cited. And
when they are, it's usually because they're faulty.

You say you like a nice sounding stereo. But answer my
question.... WHY SO LOUD? Can you not hear it when it's turned up a
little bit? Why should I be forced to hear your music 10 cars away,
vibrating my internal organs? I'm all for rolling up your windows and
enjoying a song but jesus man, why the need to pack your CRX with a
street value of $250 with $2,000+ worth of speakers? I think it comes
down to a single thing.... wanting attention. What's wrong, daddy run
out on you and mom living in your 8 Mile trailer park? Unless you have
severe hearing loss, nobody needs 1000 WATT speakers and enough bass
to bust kidney stones. The *ONLY* thing you're doing is drawing
attention to yourself. You want noticed. Like I said, when are you
going to grow up? 25? 30? Or be a terminal wigger?

This is certainly nothing new. Kids have been doing this sort of thing for
years. Whether it's sports cars, clothing, whatever. Now the technology is
there for audio systems. And neon lights. And other goofy things. And
yes, they tend to grow out of it.

Tony Fernandes

wrote: "What ever happened to rolling up our windows?"

That doesn't work for bass frequencies, which is what the problem is. As we
all know sometimes bass frequencies are LOUDER inside other vehicles and
inside our homes. I live next to a freeway and I hear boom all day long.
It doesn't bother me that much but my neighbors are much more sensitive to
it. I suppose the older I get the more it will bother me.

"If someone was playing the same song as you just 10 notches louder, would
you still complain?"

Maybe. Probably. I wouldn't turn up my stereo louder just of the type of
music I'm playing. What I like isn't necessarily what othe people like

"Maybe the real issue is that we just don't like the music others listen to
and the fact that it can be heard a couple cars away just amplifies that."

True. But bass boom is what most people don't like because it's so
intrusive to their personal space. And rap is the most commonly accepted
music associated with boom and it just happens that rap is oftentimes
offensive to a good deal of people. I think if bass boom was the signature
to any type of music other than rap, people would still be annoyed by it.
But I agree with you.

Tony

--

Tony Fernandes wrote:

I don't know why.

I also don't know why so many people on this newsgroup get so ****ed off
when someone asks a question like you just did.

I say everyone needs to have some respect for everyone else on this

planet.
That includes playing your stereo so loud that it rattles the cars all

aound
you.

Tony

mayhemkrew

Although I agree with what John says to an extent (and I am a professional
installer of car audio, so it's not cause I don't get what is involved with
car audio, etc.) but there is a time and place for everything. I have a
pretty good, loud system in my car (naturally) and I can bang it like John
states, but I choose to do this so that I don't annoy everybody around me;
for a couple reasons that is. One, I don't like to draw attention to my
car, to get my car spotted and possibly vandalized, and two, so that I don't
get a citation. So why have the system? Well when driving on the
expressway, you typically cannot hear the loud systems as you roll 70mph
down the expressway or even 40mph - or if you could, it's somewhat more
tolerable.

Also, you don't need it extremely loud to enjoy what you want. It's just a
maturity level of using your system, plain and simple. I cannot count how
many cars I work on where the system is completely fried from distortion
saturation. It's unbelievable. I think the best one yet was the melted
tweeters from too much power passing through em, and the tweeters still
worked somewhat, just ugly looking.

"cyrus" wrote in message
(John) wrote:

At what age do you grow out of driving the rice burner with a 50,000
WATT bass speaker and get a minivan and drive your kids to soccer
practice? (ie "grow up and act your age") Or do you always stay a
white trash wigger?

Thank heavens the world is made up of more diversity than these extremes.

--
cyrus

*coughcasaucedoprodigynetcough*

Ryan Shughrue

I dont believe that people should be blasting music, however I also dont
think that taking something away will solve the problem. Like others have
said there is much more noise polution than just bass from cars. Airplanes,
trucks, motorcycles, etc all make alot of noise and can annoy others.

Saying that people shouldnt have decent stereo systems in their car because
they CAN go loud enough to break the law is like saying that you shouldnt
make a car that goes faster than 70mph. Have you ever wanted to hear your
music at 70mph without any distortion? Turn up your factory system and see
if you can without the bass dropping out. The reason for large woofers in
vehicles is to overcome this very thing, and of course because its hard to
reproduce low frequencies with 6.5" speakers mounted in your metal door.

There is always someone out there wanting attention. They will grow out of
it.

Ryan

"John" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Buckshot

"John" wrote in message
om...
"very day, I hear more and more people with thumping bass coming from
their car"

So everyday, you hear more and more people investing money into somthing
they obviously enjoy. Ya' know like a hobby of sorts. Do you have anything
you could put a few bucks into?

"Can somebody please explain the appeal of blasting your
music/bass so loud I can hear it when you're 10 cars behind/in front
of me? Why do you feel the need to make ME listen to your music?"

I tend to turn down my radio when I am sitting at an intersection, Unless of
course I look over and see/hear someone trying to rattle my car apart. Then
I feel the need to turn mine up and tell them to shut it. Then again when
I'm cruising at 55 or 60Mph, I think I have the right to have my windows
down and be able to listen to my music so it's being accurately reproduced.

"10,20, 30 years from now when your hearing is permanently damaged and you
need public assistance to purchase a hearing device, you better hope
I'm not your elected official cause I'll tell ya to **** up a rope."

With views of "normal people", like this I think everytime you opened your
mouth people would hold up a banner saying "INSERT FOOT NOW." If you were
ever my elected official I have a feeling your opinion wouldn't matter to
anyone at all. You tell me to **** up a rope, I would wonder why you
wouldn't help a blue colar factory worker that MADE your car. They lost
their hearing helping your states econamy and thats how you thank them...

"At what age do you grow out of driving the rice burner with a 50,000
WATT bass speaker and get a minivan and drive your kids to soccer
practice? (ie "grow up and act your age") Or do you always stay a
white trash wigger?"

Well since I'm a 'white trash wigger' I will probably never grow out of it.
What exactly is your definition of a rice burner? If you don't describe my
car to a 'T' I will have a hard time believeing you have any common sense.
When you pull up to me 15 years from now and you look over and see a stock
bodied vehicle, with a 31 year old average male driving it, are you going to
call me white trash then? Are we white trash for having these "bass booming
systems" or are we only white trash when we play them loud enough to annoy
you?

"Since I'm on the subject, why do you white boys from the 'burbs blast
your gangsta rap? Can you relate to it or does it make you feel 'bad'?"

Well I am definitly a white boy from the burbs so let me attempt to tell you
why. I listened to primarily rap at one point in my life. Before that I
felt that only black's should listen to it. Now that I listen to rarely any
rap I feel that if someone likes rap, they should listen to it. Do you see
me calling you an "old blind ass boring fogie" because you listen to
oldies, or classical or jazz? NO! You probably won't see anyone in this
group do it either. Why do all you 'haters' decide you need to pick on
people that listen to rap anyways? We don't pick on you for stuff you listen
to, so why don't you go pull your sons head out of your ass, then take him
to soccer practice, or do whatever the heck you "PERFECT NON WHITETRASH
WIGGERS" do eh? I don't know how long you have been visting/watching or
participating in this newsgroup. I havn't been here all that long, as I
don't feel you have either, but I guess it doesn't much matter. I can't
believe people come here to try to ridicule and spazz on people for somthing
they enjoy, when I'm sure they could find somthing better to complain about.

"So please explain the appeal of forcing others to hear the thump thump
thump thump from 1/2 mile away. (You all play the same song, make that
*beat*. No words just thump thump thump thump). WTF is with that?"

WTF is with you? I have a few questions for you. What kind of car do you
drive? Where do you live/House value? Do you have any toys, like
motorcycles snowmobiles, or anything like that? I hope your saving up for
your hybrid or electric car, because your doing the world justice by
bitching and moaning in here, so hopefully you can continue your power trip
later on in life, and maybe you could bitch about somthing someone will care
about.

Jason
--
2 - Explode Octagon 12's
1 - Legacy 1080a 500x4 bridged for subs. (I know its not accurate)

Stephen Narayan

On 4 Sep 2004 07:52:53 -0700, (John) wrote:

[...]

If you want to know why some do that, grab some earplugs and visit a
SPL soundoff competition. Sometimes it's just about being LOUDER that
anything else around. It's not my bag but some really enjoy that part
of car audio. I can still appreciate the competitveness aspect and the
skills and techniques required to get there.

On the other hand what you are really annoyed by is the person that is
arrogant and one who is not respective of others in society in
general. I'd hazard a guess you would not like that person's choice of
any other passtime either...Don't fret. It's not that huge an issue.

Stephen Narayan |
| IASCA Certified Judge
http://www.teamrocs.com | Home of the original RAC Bada$$es
Denon DCT-1000R & Rockford RFX8250
PPI DEQ230/FRX456 EQ/x-over | Orion NT-300 BIQ EQ/preamp | NT-200 BIX x-over
Four Phase Linear Euro.6s kW Slave amps and 4.8 kW Power Supply unit
Focal TN46 tweeters & 6K1 mids | 2 Aliante 8" midwoofers
Phase Linear Euro HC 15's
John

If I can hear bass thumping from a 1/2 mile away, it's being played TO
LOUD! There is NO reason why anyone needs their bass that loud on city
streets going 25MPH. Do you agree or disagree with that?

And yes, I *HATE* motorcycles with loud exhaust systems. It serves
only *1* purpose, to draw attention to yourself because mommy and
daddy never gave you any. If you were smart, you'd understand that
base penetrates walls, glass, etc. So "rolling up my windows" would do
exactly zero. I don't expect you to understand something as complex as
bass frequencies.

Tony Fernandes wrote:

I don't know why.

I also don't know why so many people on this newsgroup get so ****ed off
when someone asks a question like you just did.

I say everyone needs to have some respect for everyone else on this planet.
That includes playing your stereo so loud that it rattles the cars all aound
you.

Tony

John

I don't care if people want to run down the interstate with their bass
shaking every one of their internal organs, I hate it when I'm on a
city street or at a stop light and I have to deal with that sh*t. When
you're stopped and other cars are around, TURN IT DOWN. Nobody seems
to be able to answer my main question, why. Why do you feel the need
for your music to be heard over everything around you. You're only
drawing attention. I seriously think this is what it boils down to.
Attention. Why do you need it THAT loud? Why do you think I want to
hear your music? (Music...that's a stretch.... make that, bass
thumping the same 3 beats. non-stop.)

"cyrus" wrote in message
(John) wrote:

At what age do you grow out of driving the rice burner with a 50,000
WATT bass speaker and get a minivan and drive your kids to soccer
practice? (ie "grow up and act your age") Or do you always stay a
white trash wigger?

Thank heavens the world is made up of more diversity than these extremes.

--
cyrus

*coughcasaucedoprodigynetcough*

John

Noise pollution is a problem. Car bass just adds to it. Airplanes are
noise polluters and as a result, when planes take off near populated
areas, they must quickly climb to a certain altitude and ease up on
the thrust because some cities actually regulate how much noise planes
can generate at certain airports.
Same thing for concerts, etc. That's why some cities have started
handing out tickets for loud bass systems in cars. I don't see people
complaining about getting pulled over with their bass system pumping
at full power while driving 70MPH on an interstate, only people
getting tickets on CITY STREETS because they are polluting.

"Ryan Shughrue" wrote in message news:qOw_c.5008$OZ6.524@okepread06...
[...]

"John" wrote in message
om...
[...]

John

I have a lot of hobbies that I dump thousands into every year and
guess what, not one of them is something that invades peoples personal
space as much as bass thumping from a rice burner hundreds of feet
away does.

"Buckshot" wrote in message ...
So everyday, you hear more and more people investing money into somthing
they obviously enjoy. Ya' know like a hobby of sorts. Do you have anything
you could put a few bucks into?

If you turn it down while at intersections, thank you. I have seen a
few others do this as well and I'm totally OK with that. But jamming
it when at a stop light for no other purpose than to scream out,
"mommy and daddy never paid much attention to me, SOMEBODY look at me"
is just disrespectful.

I tend to turn down my radio when I am sitting at an intersection, Unless of
course I look over and see/hear someone trying to rattle my car apart. Then
I feel the need to turn mine up and tell them to shut it. Then again when
I'm cruising at 55 or 60Mph, I think I have the right to have my windows
down and be able to listen to my music so it's being accurately reproduced.

snip

Come now, we all know what a rice burner is. I'd be willing to bet the
farm that 90% of the people in this group drive one. (which includes
you)

Well since I'm a 'white trash wigger' I will probably never grow out of it.
What exactly is your definition of a rice burner? If you don't describe my
car to a 'T' I will have a hard time believeing you have any common sense.

If you have a 90,000 WATT bass system thumping at a stop light, yes,
I'd call you a white trash wigger 15 years from now with a dead end
job. How many 30+, 40+ year old people do you see driving around in a
rice burner with a "kick'n" bass system? Answer, NONE. Because they
realized how immature it was and stopped after going to college. If
you DO see 30+ or 40+ year olds acting this way, they're probably on
their way to work at Best Buy or McDonalds and 2 car seats in the back
with a slut for a girlfriend.

When you pull up to me 15 years from now and you look over and see a stock
bodied vehicle, with a 31 year old average male driving it, are you going to
call me white trash then? Are we white trash for having these "bass booming
systems" or are we only white trash when we play them loud enough to annoy
you?

I listen to all types of music.

[...]

WTF is with you blasting your bass at intersections? The SUV/car I
drive has no bearing on this conversation.

WTF is with you? I have a few questions for you. What kind of car do you
drive? Where do you live/House value? Do you have any toys, like
motorcycles snowmobiles, or anything like that? I hope your saving up for
your hybrid or electric car, because your doing the world justice by
bitching and moaning in here, so hopefully you can continue your power trip
later on in life, and maybe you could bitch about somthing someone will care
about.

Jason

MZ

I don't care if people want to run down the interstate with their bass
shaking every one of their internal organs, I hate it when I'm on a
city street or at a stop light and I have to deal with that sh*t. When
you're stopped and other cars are around, TURN IT DOWN. Nobody seems
to be able to answer my main question, why. Why do you feel the need
for your music to be heard over everything around you. You're only
drawing attention. I seriously think this is what it boils down to.
Attention. Why do you need it THAT loud? Why do you think I want to
hear your music? (Music...that's a stretch.... make that, bass
thumping the same 3 beats. non-stop.)

Sometimes people just like it loud though. Perhaps to emulate concert
conditions? Not sure.

If they're doing it around other people in an otherwise quiet environment,
it's very inconsiderate. But, folks like you and I who don't want to hear
that crap should try to be a little tolerant under everyday conditions.
Tolerance is a virtue.

MZ

If you have a 90,000 WATT bass system thumping at a stop light, yes,
I'd call you a white trash wigger 15 years from now with a dead end
job. How many 30+, 40+ year old people do you see driving around in a
rice burner with a "kick'n" bass system? Answer, NONE.

I don't think this is because they grew out of it, as you're suggesting.
How many people 30 or 40 years ago listened to rap music?

Because they
realized how immature it was and stopped after going to college.

Ever been to a college campus? Lots of "bass systems" there. I've
graduated from college, and I still enjoy my music loud quite often (though
I don't listen to rap).

If
you DO see 30+ or 40+ year olds acting this way, they're probably on
their way to work at Best Buy or McDonalds and 2 car seats in the back
with a slut for a girlfriend.

Real nice. Get out much?

Buckshot

"John" wrote in message
om...
I have a lot of hobbies that I dump thousands into every year and
guess what, not one of them is something that invades peoples personal
space as much as bass thumping from a rice burner hundreds of feet
away does.

Oh okay, we don't care if they invade peoples space.

"Buckshot" wrote in message

So everyday, you hear more and more people investing money into somthing
they obviously enjoy. Ya' know like a hobby of sorts. Do you have

anything
you could put a few bucks into?

If you turn it down while at intersections, thank you. I have seen a
few others do this as well and I'm totally OK with that. But jamming
it when at a stop light for no other purpose than to scream out,
"mommy and daddy never paid much attention to me, SOMEBODY look at me"
is just disrespectful.

No problem.

I tend to turn down my radio when I am sitting at an intersection,

Unless of
course I look over and see/hear someone trying to rattle my car apart.

Then
I feel the need to turn mine up and tell them to shut it. Then again

when
I'm cruising at 55 or 60Mph, I think I have the right to have my windows
down and be able to listen to my music so it's being accurately

reproduced.

snip

Come now, we all know what a rice burner is. I'd be willing to bet the
farm that 90% of the people in this group drive one. (which includes
you)

Hell yeah I drive a "rice-burner" I drive a 96 Dodge Avenger, with 2.5V6 in
it... Nice rice burner there fella.

Well since I'm a 'white trash wigger' I will probably never grow out of

it.
What exactly is your definition of a rice burner? If you don't describe

my
car to a 'T' I will have a hard time believeing you have any common

sense.

If you have a 90,000 WATT bass system thumping at a stop light, yes,
I'd call you a white trash wigger 15 years from now with a dead end
job. How many 30+, 40+ year old people do you see driving around in a
rice burner with a "kick'n" bass system? Answer, NONE. Because they
realized how immature it was and stopped after going to college. If
you DO see 30+ or 40+ year olds acting this way, they're probably on
their way to work at Best Buy or McDonalds and 2 car seats in the back

Haha, actually I see alot of older adults, like 35 or 40, that go around
blairing rap out of their stock systems, and every time I hear it I want to
puke. Not because its rap, but because it sounds like a metal spatula(sp?)
beating on a sauce pan...

with a slut for a girlfriend.

My GF is definitly a slut right now, so I bet she will be in 15 years too,
wtf is wrong with you dude?

When you pull up to me 15 years from now and you look over and see a

stock
bodied vehicle, with a 31 year old average male driving it, are you

going to
call me white trash then? Are we white trash for having these "bass

booming
systems" or are we only white trash when we play them loud enough to

annoy
you?

Are we white trash for having these "bass booming systems" or are we only
white trash when we play them loud enough to annoy
you? -- You never answered me you wank--

[...]

Hahah, I already told you I turn it down dude, Yes the vehicle you drive,
the house you live in, the money you put into your hobbies, does have
bearing on this convo. Won't a 500$ beater be a fine car? I mean whats
wrong with it, you can get from point A to point B right? Won't the 75000$
house be okay? its a roof over your head right? Well won't the stock radio
and components be okay in a vehicle to an audio enthusiast? NO, see not
everyone goes for what works. I'm assuming you don't either. If somthing
interests you, you get what you can afford. I'm an audio enthusiat, I got
the equipment I could afford in my car. So now you may understand where I'm
coming from, I don't understand why you find the need to bitch about such a
pettily thing as someone that has a loud radio at an intersection.

Jason

WTF is with you? I have a few questions for you. What kind of car do

you
drive? Where do you live/House value? Do you have any toys, like
motorcycles snowmobiles, or anything like that? I hope your saving up

for
your hybrid or electric car, because your doing the world justice by
bitching and moaning in here, so hopefully you can continue your power

trip
later on in life, and maybe you could bitch about somthing someone will

care
about.

Jason

bolo1g2