David

Default Sirius to offer dolby ProLogicII

Anybody interested?
Horik

"David" wrote in message
Anybody interested?

i thought sirius was going to be bankrupt by years end?

Masterson

You thought wrong.

Not only Dolby ProLogic II, but they signed a multi year contract
with the National Football League. You will be able to hear every
game in the country on the NFL channel. Starting with the 2005
season.

i thought sirius was going to be bankrupt by years end?

Jason

"Masterson" wrote in message
You thought wrong.

Not only Dolby ProLogic II, but they signed a multi year contract
with the National Football League. You will be able to hear every
game in the country on the NFL channel. Starting with the 2005
season.

That sounds great, but are they going to increase the bitrate for their
music channels so I can go ahead and get it?! I had it but returned it
because the low bitrate made it sound like a bad MP3. I am sure its not
noticable on OEM systems, but I sure could hear it on mine.

But I did like everything else about it.

Horik

thats good, i was "informed" by someone who "gets paid to know this stuff"
that sirius was bankrupt and XM was going to be the only game in town.
Which kinda sucked since my receiver is sirius ready. But im glad to hear
that he's fulla crap.
"Masterson" wrote in message
You thought wrong.

Not only Dolby ProLogic II, but they signed a multi year contract
with the National Football League. You will be able to hear every
game in the country on the NFL channel. Starting with the 2005
season.

i thought sirius was going to be bankrupt by years end?

newsgroups.bellsouth.net

i tell ya another thing. XM is at the moment 30% owned by those *******s at
clear channel. and i've been told by more than one source that they are
working on going free (no subscription) and if they do ill bet a dollar to a
doughnut that XM will end up being full of commercials and ****ty like all
of clear channels radio stations.

able.rogers.com...
"Masterson" wrote in message
You thought wrong.

Not only Dolby ProLogic II, but they signed a multi year contract
with the National Football League. You will be able to hear every
game in the country on the NFL channel. Starting with the 2005
season.

i thought sirius was going to be bankrupt by years end?

Mike

Actually in Feb. XM is supposed to 100% commercial free.
I have XM and they are running commercials on the preview channel that
advertises this

--

Thanks

Mike

"newsgroups.bellsouth.net" wrote in message
.. .
i tell ya another thing. XM is at the moment 30% owned by those *******s

at
clear channel. and i've been told by more than one source that they are
working on going free (no subscription) and if they do ill bet a dollar to

doughnut that XM will end up being full of commercials and ****ty like all
of clear channels radio stations.

able.rogers.com...

"Masterson" wrote in message
You thought wrong.

Not only Dolby ProLogic II, but they signed a multi year contract
with the National Football League. You will be able to hear every
game in the country on the NFL channel. Starting with the 2005
season.

i thought sirius was going to be bankrupt by years end?

Brandon Buckner

Is it just me, or does XM need more hard rock channels? Ethel is good,
but its all old stuff, Bone Yard is practically all hair band stuff,
mostly older too. I'm talking about new songs from bands like Saliva and
Staind and Disturbed, etc when they're released. Not wait for a year
or more before Ethel picks it up.

Brandonb

"Mike" wrote in message

Actually in Feb. XM is supposed to 100% commercial free.
I have XM and they are running commercials on the preview channel that
advertises this

--

Thanks

Mike

"newsgroups.bellsouth.net" wrote in message

i tell ya another thing. XM is at the moment 30% owned by those *******s

at

clear channel. and i've been told by more than one source that they are
working on going free (no subscription) and if they do ill bet a dollar

doughnut that XM will end up being full of commercials and ****ty like

all

of clear channels radio stations.

t.cable.rogers.com...

"Masterson" wrote in message

You thought wrong.

Not only Dolby ProLogic II, but they signed a multi year contract
with the National Football League. You will be able to hear every
game in the country on the NFL channel. Starting with the 2005
season.

i thought sirius was going to be bankrupt by years end?

TheBIessedDead

Is it just me, or does XM need more hard rock channels? Ethel is good,
but its all old stuff, Bone Yard is practically all hair band stuff,
mostly older too. I'm talking about new songs from bands like Saliva and
Staind and Disturbed, etc when they're released. Not wait for a year
or more before Ethel picks it up.

Brandonb

Does XM have any real metal channels? I'd consider signing up if they had a
metal channel... Soemthing that played real metal, not bull**** like Disturbed
and Slipknot. lol

Nick

TheBIessedDead

42 is modern metal.

Modern metal? Like Korn,Slipknot,Godsmack blah blah blah? Thats exactly what
I don't want.

Nick

Brandon Buckner

Examples? Bone Yard plays alot of the original style metal from what I
remember. I haven't listened to it in a while. Mainly 80's style and
early 90s. I could be wrong now though. I printed off a new channel
listing yesterday and started going through some of the channels I
hadn't heard before. Squizz is pretty decent, more to my liking that
yours apparently. Apparently a new channel coming live on Feb 1 called
Fungus is described by XM as "Punk/Hardcore/Ska" including explicit
lyrics. I don't know if you'll be hearing any Fear Factory on it, but
who knows?

What are you considering "Metal"?

Brandonb

TheBIessedDead wrote:

Is it just me, or does XM need more hard rock channels? Ethel is good,
but its all old stuff, Bone Yard is practically all hair band stuff,
mostly older too. I'm talking about new songs from bands like Saliva and
Staind and Disturbed, etc when they're released. Not wait for a year
or more before Ethel picks it up.

Brandonb

Does XM have any real metal channels? I'd consider signing up if they had a
metal channel... Soemthing that played real metal, not bull**** like Disturbed
and Slipknot. lol

Nick

TheBIessedDead

Except for "Wait and Bleed" I really wouldn't group Slipknot into the
same category as Godsmack, Korn, and Disturbed (from another post).

Its all a bunch of boring, watered down nonsense for angry teens, so I group it
together quite easily.

Nick
TheBIessedDead

Examples? Bone Yard plays alot of the original style metal from what I
remember. I haven't listened to it in a while. Mainly 80's style and
early 90s. I could be wrong now though. I printed off a new channel
listing yesterday and started going through some of the channels I
hadn't heard before. Squizz is pretty decent, more to my liking that
yours apparently. Apparently a new channel coming live on Feb 1 called
Fungus is described by XM as "Punk/Hardcore/Ska" including explicit
lyrics. I don't know if you'll be hearing any Fear Factory on it, but
who knows?

Hmmm... Not sounding like I'll be signing up for XM anytime soon.

What are you considering "Metal"?

Uh....Well, I'm referring to anything really that isn't of the latest "nu
metal" trend.

If XM had a station that played anything from Testament to Grave to Stormlord
to Napalm Death etc... I'd probably sign up.

Nick

TheBIessedDead

have you listened to much morbid angel like where the slime live etc on your
system?Thats some low **** for metal.

Death metal is incredibly tough on speakers. It drives me nuts that I can get
everything sounding right for alot of cds, and then put in any death metal and
things are all screwed up.

Put Grave-Into The Grave into your cd player and see what happens. Awfully
low tuned stuff there. If only I didn't love it so much.

Nick