Posted to rec.audio.tech
Yamuk Yamuk is offline

Default B speaker problem

A/V receiver 6.1, original cost about $250.

I use this with setting on "Stereo" with both A and B speakers
driving. One channel of B speaker goes out at times, on any audio
source, i.e tuner, tv etc. I have replaced the speaker wire, switched
speakers, to no avail. Other times it works fine. It is out of
warranty. By elimination, it appears to be problem with amp.

Is this worth getting repaired? Any idea of what causes problem?
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Colin B. Colin B. is offline

Yamuk wrote:
A/V receiver 6.1, original cost about $250.

I use this with setting on "Stereo" with both A and B speakers
driving. One channel of B speaker goes out at times, on any audio
source, i.e tuner, tv etc. I have replaced the speaker wire, switched
speakers, to no avail. Other times it works fine. It is out of
warranty. By elimination, it appears to be problem with amp.

Is this worth getting repaired? Any idea of what causes problem?

If it plays cleanly sometimes, then it's most likely a dirty contact or a
cold solder joint somewhere. This is most likely the cheapest and easiest
thing that a shop can fix. If the 'minimum charge' for a shop to open an
amp and have a look is worth it to you, then do it.

Colin